Re: *Sometimes* unable to edit an HTML file.

  • ajosefick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      One more clue, it doesn't matter if the "Filter Binary" is checked or
      un-checked.--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ajosefick"
      <ajosefick@y...> wrote:

      > Hello one and all,
      >
      > I'm new to the Notetab 495 Light editor. My regular editor is
      Crimson
      > Editor. I frequently edit HTML files.
      >
      > Can anyone explain to me why I sometimes encounter the condition
      > where I cannot edit the html file. I mean the cursor won't even
      move
      > except by using one of the arrow keys. And it is not a problem on
      all
      > html files, just some. The problem files are not "Read Only"
      > protected, and the very same file can be edited with MS Notepad or
      my
      > regular editor Crimson Editor.
      >
      > Does anyone have any idea what can be done to correct this strange
      > behavior? By the way, I have not encountered this problem on
      any .txt
      > files.
      >
      > Thanks for any responses.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > A.J.
    • ajosefick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2005
        By experimenting I discovered that by unchecking the "Preserve
        Unicode" box corrected the problem which was confirmed when I read
        the Help file about the Unicode option.