*Sometimes* unable to edit an HTML file.

  • ajosefick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      Hello one and all,

      I'm new to the Notetab 495 Light editor. My regular editor is Crimson
      Editor. I frequently edit HTML files.

      Can anyone explain to me why I sometimes encounter the condition
      where I cannot edit the html file. I mean the cursor won't even move
      except by using one of the arrow keys. And it is not a problem on all
      html files, just some. The problem files are not "Read Only"
      protected, and the very same file can be edited with MS Notepad or my
      regular editor Crimson Editor.

      Does anyone have any idea what can be done to correct this strange
      behavior? By the way, I have not encountered this problem on any .txt
      files.

      Thanks for any responses.

      Sincerely,
      A.J.
    • ajosefick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
        One more clue, it doesn't matter if the "Filter Binary" is checked or
        un-checked.--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ajosefick"
        <ajosefick@y...> wrote:

        > Hello one and all,
        >
        > I'm new to the Notetab 495 Light editor. My regular editor is
        Crimson
        > Editor. I frequently edit HTML files.
        >
        > Can anyone explain to me why I sometimes encounter the condition
        > where I cannot edit the html file. I mean the cursor won't even
        move
        > except by using one of the arrow keys. And it is not a problem on
        all
        > html files, just some. The problem files are not "Read Only"
        > protected, and the very same file can be edited with MS Notepad or
        my
        > regular editor Crimson Editor.
        >
        > Does anyone have any idea what can be done to correct this strange
        > behavior? By the way, I have not encountered this problem on
        any .txt
        > files.
        >
        > Thanks for any responses.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > A.J.
      • ajosefick
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2005
          By experimenting I discovered that by unchecking the "Preserve
          Unicode" box corrected the problem which was confirmed when I read
          the Help file about the Unicode option.