Copy Outline Heading and note?

  • Steven J. Aves
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
      I really like using the outline feature in NoteTab. Easy way for me
      to organize my daily work.

      I want to copy(or better yet, cut) an outline item from one outline
      file to another (an archive of completed items) when I complete a
      task. I can't seem to find a command to do that by just selecting
      the outline header.

      Am I missing something?

      Thanks,
      Steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
        Hi Steve,

        >I want to copy (or better yet, cut) an outline item from one
        >outline file to another (an archive of completed items) when I
        >complete a task. I can't seem to find a command to do that by
        >just selecting the outline header.

        You cannot Cut, but you can right click over the heading and
        choose Copy to Clipboard. Go to the other outline, right click
        where you want it entered and choose Add from Clipboard. It may
        be easier for you to...

        Right click and Copy to Clipboard.
        Right click and Remove Heading. Don't save at this time.
        In other outline, right click and Add from Clipboard. Save.
        Save the original.

        If you are in a registered version of NoteTab (preferred) you can
        ask for somebody to build you a Clip to put on the Clipbar that
        will do it all with a click. You need to sign up for the Clips
        list in order to have a Clip built by somebody on that list.
        Please see my signature line to subscribe...

        Happy Clip'n!

      • Steven J. Aves
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
          Thanks Jody, Didn't notice that "Remove Heading" copied it to the
          clipboard.

          Yes, I do have the registered Pro version.

          I will take you up on the Clip but in a more detailed nature. I want
          to write one the will open an html file, search and replace a
          particular section, cleanup some garbarge, then save it under a new
          name and location.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
            Hi Steve,

            >Yes, I do have the registered Pro version.
            >
            >I will take you up on the Clip but in a more detailed nature. I
            >want to write one the will open an html file, search and replace
            >a particular section, cleanup some garbarge, then save it under a
            >new name and location.

            Actually, I did not offer. :) Too busy. Sign up for the Clips list
            and ask over there if somebody can build it for you. See below...

            >> If you are in a registered version of NoteTab (preferred) you
            >> can ask for somebody to build you a Clip to put on the Clipbar
            >> that will do it all with a click. You need to sign up for the
            >> Clips list in order to have a Clip built by somebody on that
            >> list.

            Happy Clip'n!