Re: [NTB] Tidy HTML

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
      Hi Wes,

      >I have many little HMTL files in my genealogy file and need to
      >make changes in each. Is there a way to run Tidy HTML on a group
      >of open files in Notetab? Without having to go to each file,
      >running Tidy, saving that file and opening another?

      It can be done with a Clip, but you need to sign up on the Clips
      list and ask. Please see my signature line to subscribe to it or
      go to: http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA

      Here's the long version FYI... :)

      either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

      _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
      list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
      use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
      that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
      conversation clean! :)

      Clips or Scripts list for them.

      are for discussion of those programs.

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      lists.

      Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
      http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
      getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

      Happy Clip'n!

    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2005
        Hi All,

        With this talk about tidy I decided to try it for the first time. I brought
        up a .htm file and went to Tools/Tidy HTML Code. It ask me if I was sure I
        wanted to un-install Tidy.exe. I thought perhaps it was an outdated copy so
        I downloaded Tidy again. Loaded it and it did the same thing.

        Help

        Lloyd

        grisoft.com).

      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          Hi All,

          It was just too late at night for me I guess. When the error box ask if I
          wanted to find the un-sub program, I said yes and took it to Tidy.exe. Then
          everything worked right.

          Thanks for listening to me.

          Lloyd

          grisoft.com).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
            Hi Lloyd,

            (Jeff, I'll have to take a look at that Clip you sent in later.
            If anybody else feels like messing with it, have at it, make my
            day. ;) The problem probably lies in the lines dealing with tidy
            commands.)

            >With this talk about tidy I decided to try it for the first time.
            >I brought up a .htm file and went to Tools/Tidy HTML Code. It ask
            >me if I was sure I wanted to un-install Tidy.exe. I thought
            >perhaps it was an outdated copy so I downloaded Tidy again.
            >Loaded it and it did the same thing.

            Open NotePro.ini and search for tidy. Remove the path and save
            the file as !NotePro.ini Restart NoteTab and run tidy from the
            help menu or the Clipbar - I think there is a Clipbar with tidy
            stuff in it; I have one. <g> You can also just put the path to
            tidy in the INI file and save as above with the exclamation mark.
            FYI, the exclamation mark tells NoteTab to use that INI file next
            time it starts. NoteTab will delete the old and rename the
            !NotePro.ini copy to NotePro.ini. (Note: if running Std/Light the
            INI file name is NoteTab.ini)

            Take care,

            and even thou doest err some! ;)
            http://clean-funnies.com