Some text files not opening

  • whug@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2005
      I have been using Notetab Std for three years and have hundreds of
      .txt files that open perfectly, but about 3 files will not
      open...there is no error message, it just opens NTStd to NoName01
      blank page. On the other hand, if I Rt-Click and "Send to" Notetab,
      there is the complete text. Even though I save it the usual way, this
      file, and a couple of others just do not open without using "Send to".

      What is happening to these few files?
      Warner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2005
        Hi Warner,

        If they have very long file names or are very big files, Windows
        may have a problem opening them other than using Send to or
        drag/drop into NoteTab. You might try copying one into a root
        drive just to see if it is a file name problem. Other than that I
        don't know why it should happen.

        >I have been using Notetab Std for three years and have hundreds
        >of.txt files that open perfectly, but about 3 files will not
        >open...there is no error message, it just opens NTStd to NoName01
        >blank page. On the other hand, if I Rt-Click and "Send to"
        >Notetab, there is the complete text. Even though I save it the
        >usual way, this file, and a couple of others just do not open
        >without using "Send to".
        >
        >What is happening to these few files?

        Happy Tab'n,