Re: [NTB] Spellcheck question...

  • giftzwerg999
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
      > >I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
      > >editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
      > >some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
      > >but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
      > >can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
      > >whole text.
      >
      > Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?

      Bingo! Exactly right. Thank you. It kept checking only my .sig,
      because the cursor was at the bottom of the document as I finished.

      Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
      "cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

      GZ
    • loro
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
        giftzwerg999 wrote:
        >Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
        >"cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

        I don't think so.

        Lotta
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
          >giftzwerg999 wrote:
          >

          >>Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
          >>"cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

          Probably by making a clip that Sends the Caret to the top, initiates the
          spell check, then returns to the starting position...

          Jeff

          --

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

          ~~~~

          Got a Blacksheep ancestor?
          http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
            Hi gz,

            >> I can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not
            >> checking the whole text.
            >>
            >> Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?
            >
            >Bingo! Exactly right. Thank you. It kept checking only my
            >.sig, because the cursor was at the bottom of the document as I
            >finished.
            >
            >Is there any way to make the default "check whole document"
            >instead of "cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting,
            >that is?

            No, but if you keyboard, you can try to remember Ctrl+Home to
            quickly get you to the top or use a Clip and put it on your
            default Clipbar using the Spelling Checker icon. Sign up for the
            Clips list or write me in private eMail to get the simple Clip
            written for you if you do not know how.

            either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

            _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
            list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
            use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
            that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
            conversation clean! :)

            Clips or Scripts list for them.

            are for discussion of those programs.

            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

            lists.

            Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
            http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
            getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

            Happy Tab'n,