Re: [NTB] Spellcheck question...

  • loro
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
      giftzwerg999 wrote:
      >I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
      >editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
      >some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
      >but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
      >can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
      >whole text.

      Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?

      Lotta
    • giftzwerg999
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
        > >I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
        > >editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
        > >some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
        > >but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
        > >can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
        > >whole text.
        >
        > Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?

        Bingo! Exactly right. Thank you. It kept checking only my .sig,
        because the cursor was at the bottom of the document as I finished.

        Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
        "cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

        GZ
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
          giftzwerg999 wrote:
          >Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
          >"cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

          I don't think so.

          Lotta
        • Jeff Scism
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
            >giftzwerg999 wrote:
            >

            >>Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
            >>"cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

            Probably by making a clip that Sends the Caret to the top, initiates the
            spell check, then returns to the starting position...

            Jeff

            --

            Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

            ~~~~

            Got a Blacksheep ancestor?
            http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
              Hi gz,

              >> I can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not
              >> checking the whole text.
              >>
              >> Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?
              >
              >Bingo! Exactly right. Thank you. It kept checking only my
              >.sig, because the cursor was at the bottom of the document as I
              >finished.
              >
              >Is there any way to make the default "check whole document"
              >instead of "cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting,
              >that is?

              No, but if you keyboard, you can try to remember Ctrl+Home to
              quickly get you to the top or use a Clip and put it on your
              default Clipbar using the Spelling Checker icon. Sign up for the
              Clips list or write me in private eMail to get the simple Clip
              written for you if you do not know how.

              either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

              _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
              list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
              use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
              that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
              conversation clean! :)

              Clips or Scripts list for them.

              are for discussion of those programs.

              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

              lists.

              Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
              http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
              getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

              Happy Tab'n,