Spellcheck question...

  • giftzwerg999
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
      I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
      editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
      some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
      but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
      can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
      whole text.

      I have all the "ignore" options turned off in the spellcheck options
      dialog, so (in theory), Notetab should be checking the whole text.

      ???

      GZ
    • felix
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
        On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:37:34 -0000
        "giftzwerg999" <giftzwerg999@...> wrote:

        > I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
        > editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
        > some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
        > but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
        > can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
        > whole text.
        >
        > I have all the "ignore" options turned off in the spellcheck options
        > dialog, so (in theory), Notetab should be checking the whole text.
        >
        > ???
        >
        > GZ

        I use NTP for about the same purpose. I suspect what you
        describe has something to do with how many times I use the
        spellcheck on the same article. If I use it several times
        while writing one piece, the dialog box contents are
        different after the first time I use it. For instance, if
        I'm confused about the way I use a specific word and wanna
        make sure that word is correctly spelled before I move on to
        the rest of the article. If I use the spell check several
        times in an article the final spell check might not produce
        a summary dialog box at all.

        felix
        http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
      • loro
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
          giftzwerg999 wrote:
          >I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
          >editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
          >some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
          >but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
          >can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
          >whole text.

          Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?

          Lotta
        • giftzwerg999
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
            > >I'm using NoteTab Pro 4.91 as a text editor for Xnews. When I finish
            > >editing a post, I hit the spellcheck button, but NoteTab only checks
            > >some of the words. For instance, I might have a half-page of stuff,
            > >but NoteTab reports it has checked "20 words." (or so, it varies) I
            > >can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not checking the
            > >whole text.
            >
            > Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?

            Bingo! Exactly right. Thank you. It kept checking only my .sig,
            because the cursor was at the bottom of the document as I finished.

            Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
            "cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

            GZ
          • loro
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
              giftzwerg999 wrote:
              >Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
              >"cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

              I don't think so.

              Lotta
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
                >giftzwerg999 wrote:
                >

                >>Is there any way to make the default "check whole document" instead of
                >>"cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting, that is?

                Probably by making a clip that Sends the Caret to the top, initiates the
                spell check, then returns to the starting position...

                Jeff

                --

                Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

                ~~~~

                Got a Blacksheep ancestor?
                http://blacksheep.rootsweb.com/

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2005
                  Hi gz,

                  >> I can't figure out which 20 it's checking, or why it's not
                  >> checking the whole text.
                  >>
                  >> Maybe the cursor isn't at the top of the document?
                  >
                  >Bingo! Exactly right. Thank you. It kept checking only my
                  >.sig, because the cursor was at the bottom of the document as I
                  >finished.
                  >
                  >Is there any way to make the default "check whole document"
                  >instead of "cursor and down?" Beyond repositioning or selecting,
                  >that is?

                  No, but if you keyboard, you can try to remember Ctrl+Home to
                  quickly get you to the top or use a Clip and put it on your
                  default Clipbar using the Spelling Checker icon. Sign up for the
                  Clips list or write me in private eMail to get the simple Clip
                  written for you if you do not know how.

                  either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.

                  _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up to see what
                  list to send messages to; it is very important and please also
                  use a descriptive Subject: line! Delete text from your replies
                  that is not needed to understand your reply and keep the
                  conversation clean! :)

                  Clips or Scripts list for them.

                  are for discussion of those programs.

                  http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                  lists.

                  Fookes Software Home Page via Jody'$ affiliate link:
                  http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
                  getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

                  Happy Tab'n,