Trouble saving .txt files

  • Matt Clark
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
      All,

      A week or so ago I posted a request for help on why I was unable to edit
      e-mails that I saved as .txt files (Notetab Lite being my .txt editing
      program). Jody said I should post on the Off-Topic list inasmuch as this
      seemed to be not a Notetab problem, but one involving another program. In
      passing, Jody suggested a couple of possibilities, including that my e-mail
      program was putting a null character in the message I was saving and might
      involve the "filter binary files" option. Sure enough, when I unchecked that
      option in Notetab, the files I was saving became editable.

      Thanks for your help.

      Matt Clark
    • Tony Hirtenstein
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2011
        I have recently acquired a Macbook. Does anybody run NoteTab on a Mac,
        and if so how?

        --

        ******************* A.T.Hirtenstein ****************************
        West Oxfordshire ******************* <tonyh@...>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2011
          Interviewed by CNN on 28/02/2011 11:48, Tony Hirtenstein told the world:
          > I have recently acquired a Macbook. Does anybody run NoteTab on a Mac,
          > and if so how?

          I expect that you would have to use one of the following approaches (in
          increasing order of Mac-ness):

          1. Install Windows (probably by means of Boot Camp, so you can choose
          Windows or MacOS on boot).

          2. Use a virtualization solution to run Windows inside MacOS -- like
          Parallels, or VMWare, or VirtualBox. Some of those offer so-called
          "seamless" mode, where you have a Windows application apparently
          floating on a Mac desktop.

          3. Use a compatibility layer utility, like Wine or Crossover, that lets
          an Windows application "talk" to the MacOS environment. This has the
          additional advantage of not requiring you to purchase a Windows license,
          like the two previous ones. NoteTab is known to work on Wine, so it
          should work on Crossover also (Crossover being the commercial version of
          Wine). But it might be a tad more complicated to configure.

          --
          MCBastos

          use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

          -=-=-
          ... Sent from my shoephone.
        • Tony Hirtenstein
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
            On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:04:09 -0300, "Marcelo Bastos" <bytext@...>
            so much as wrote:

            ; 1. Install Windows (probably by means of Boot Camp, so you can choose
            ; Windows or MacOS on boot).
            ; 2. Use a virtualization solution to run Windows inside MacOS -- like
            ; Parallels, or VMWare, or VirtualBox. Some of those offer so-called
            ; "seamless" mode, where you have a Windows application apparently
            ; floating on a Mac desktop.
            ; 3. Use a compatibility layer utility, like Wine or Crossover, that lets
            ; an Windows application "talk" to the MacOS environment. This has the
            ; additional advantage of not requiring you to purchase a Windows license,...
            ; But it might be a tad more complicated to configure.

            Thank you. I had already downloaded Wine, but the installation
            instructions are beyond me. Even the Readme files are gibberish on the Mac. I
            shall have to investigate Crossover.

            I was rather expecting to be told to use a Mac programme in place of
            NoteTab. But it seems to be unique.