  • Matt Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
      Recently I sent a message about the fact that when I try to save an e-mail
      message as a text file it is uneditable. I'm using Notetab lite as my text
      editor, rather than Notepad, and have not had this problem up until this
      week.

      This has only occurred since I installed the last version of Notetab Lite.
      Someone suggested that it might be because it is "read only." Well, that
      option isn't checked when I look at the file properties, but the file
      behaves as if it's read only.

      Jody tells me that this list doesn't support free versions of Notetab with
      regard to questions like this. So OK.

      Just be advised that the latest version of Notetab Lite has a problem in the
      Save As function.

      Matt Clark
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
        Hi Matt,

        (If you need more help with this please post over on the Off
        Topic list - see the footer in ant [NTB] message.)

        I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Fookes Software Support
        does not support our freeware. I mentioned to post to the Off
        Topic list, because I don't believe your problem is with NoteTab
        and it does not pertain to the basic use of NoteTab since it gets
        into technical stuff.

        It could be that your eMail program is adding a null character to
        the document and when NoteTab sees that it opens it in read-only.
        You look under the Document menu at the bottom of the list for
        that. (If it is checked, then you need to look in Options under
        the Files tab and check the boxes for the binary character
        features. Press F1 for help with that when there.)

        It could also be that you are saving the eMail to a folder that
        you do not have write permissions set for you to edit documents.
        You might try storing NoteTab's settings in the system registry
        from the Advanced tab in Options to bypass that.

        It is still not clear to me if you have the problem with
        NoteTab's Save As or editing files that you saved from the eMail
        program. You state that NoteTab has a problem in the Save As
        function. Please clear that up if you post over on the Off Topic
        list. Please do not keep posting on this list about this problem.
        Thanks!

        >Recently I sent a message about the fact that when I try to save
        >an e-mail message as a text file it is uneditable. I'm using
        >Notetab lite as my text editor, rather than Notepad, and have not
        >had this problem up until this week.
        >
        >This has only occurred since I installed the last version of
        >Notetab Lite. Someone suggested that it might be because it is
        >"read only." Well, that option isn't checked when I look at the
        >file properties, but the file behaves as if it's read only.
        >
        >Jody tells me that this list doesn't support free versions of
        >Notetab with regard to questions like this. So OK.
        >
        >Just be advised that the latest version of Notetab Lite has a
        >problem in the Save As function.

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List