Re: [NTB] Appending data

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
      dvdwriters12 wrote:

      > The clips works.
      >
      > But it should be inserting the filename of the active document into
      the "footer.htm" file for use on the webserver.

      > So it could be the links.htm page that is currently open in notetab
      and if that is the case it should put the link (NOT Contents)
      "http://www.domain.com/links.htm" into the file "footer.htm".

      > The problem is that none of the functions I can see return just
      purely the filename - they return it as:

      > C:\Temp\somefile.htm

      dvd,

      You have the command, contained in the script I edited.

      Let me define the objective, as I understand it, to make sure I know
      what you want to do.

      • You have a file, e.g., c:\links.htm, loaded into NoteTab.

      • You have a file, e.g., c:\footer.htm, not loaded.

      • You want to add a link to the bottom of c:\footer.htm referring back
      to c:\links.htm, the file you're viewing, minus the path.

      If this is the objective, either of the following 2 clips will do the job.

      Clip 1 requires no interaction other than running the clip. Clip 2
      shows the clip wizard as you had it in the original clip.

      These 2 lines are exactly what is appended to c:\footer.htm.

      H="Append Simple1"
      ^!AppendToFile "L:\footer.htm" ^%nl%<a
      href="http://www.domain.com/^$GetFileName(^##)$" target="_blank">NewPage</a>

      H="Append Simple2"
      ^!AppendToFile "L:\footer.htm" ^%nl%^?{UPDATE SITE FOOTER WITH ACTIVE
      DOCUMENT NAME=<a href="http://www.domain.com/^$GetFileName(^##)$"
      target="_blank">NewPage</a>}

      --
      ºvº
      04.12.07 09:08 p
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004
        Hrs,

        You are correct I tried those and they work.

        Many thanks!