RE: [NTB] Appending data

  • Pete Turner
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
      > The problem is that none of the functions I can see return
      > just purely the filename - they return it as:
      >
      > C:\Temp\somefile.htm
      >
      > So is there a command to return it as (with out using strcpys):
      >
      > somefile.htm
      >
      > It seems simple enough but I cant find the command.

      From the Help file:

      ^$GetFileName(FileName)$
      Returns the name and extension of FileName (without path).

      Pete
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2004
        dvdwriters12 wrote:

        > The clips works.
        >
        > But it should be inserting the filename of the active document into
        the "footer.htm" file for use on the webserver.

        > So it could be the links.htm page that is currently open in notetab
        and if that is the case it should put the link (NOT Contents)
        "http://www.domain.com/links.htm" into the file "footer.htm".

        > The problem is that none of the functions I can see return just
        purely the filename - they return it as:

        > C:\Temp\somefile.htm

        dvd,

        You have the command, contained in the script I edited.

        Let me define the objective, as I understand it, to make sure I know
        what you want to do.

        • You have a file, e.g., c:\links.htm, loaded into NoteTab.

        • You have a file, e.g., c:\footer.htm, not loaded.

        • You want to add a link to the bottom of c:\footer.htm referring back
        to c:\links.htm, the file you're viewing, minus the path.

        If this is the objective, either of the following 2 clips will do the job.

        Clip 1 requires no interaction other than running the clip. Clip 2
        shows the clip wizard as you had it in the original clip.

        These 2 lines are exactly what is appended to c:\footer.htm.

        H="Append Simple1"
        ^!AppendToFile "L:\footer.htm" ^%nl%<a
        href="http://www.domain.com/^$GetFileName(^##)$" target="_blank">NewPage</a>

        H="Append Simple2"
        ^!AppendToFile "L:\footer.htm" ^%nl%^?{UPDATE SITE FOOTER WITH ACTIVE
        DOCUMENT NAME=<a href="http://www.domain.com/^$GetFileName(^##)$"
        target="_blank">NewPage</a>}

        --
        ºvº
        04.12.07 09:08 p
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2004
          Hrs,

          You are correct I tried those and they work.

          Many thanks!