Re: [NTB] Stripping HTML tags from saved emails

  • Alex Plantema
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      Op dinsdag 7 december 2004 19:08 schreef Gordon Walter:

      > I am using NoteTabLight to try to remove HTML tags from a batch of
      > emails that I have saved into NotePad and pasted into NoteTabLight....
      >
      > If I go to Modify and down to Strip HTML completely, should it remove
      > everything in the example below except for the section in CAPS
      > (PART DELETED.......)?
      > All I can get it to do is to scrunch the unwanted parts below into a
      > smaller space. It does not delete them.

      What you show isn't html.
      The function does the same as opening a html file with a browser, then copying the text and pasting it into a text editor.

      The message you show probably contained a content-type header.
      If it's plain/text, there's nothing to convert.
      If it's multipart/alternative, the message contains a plain text part and a html part.
      Only the html part can be processed usefully.

      --
      Alex.