Stripping HTML tags from saved emails

  • Gordon Walter
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2004
      I am using NoteTabLight to try to remove HTML tags from a batch of
      emails that I have saved into NotePad and pasted into NoteTabLight....

      If I go to Modify and down to Strip HTML completely, should it remove
      everything in the example below except for the section in CAPS
      (PART DELETED.......)?
      All I can get it to do is to scrunch the unwanted parts below into a
      smaller space. It does not delete them.
      What else do I need to do?
      Or does NoteTabLight not remove all of this gibberish?
      Is there some other free program I can use that will delete this stuff?

      From - Sat Feb 14 08:46:54 2004
      Windows NT v1.1b) with SMTP id <0.0F4F3B9F@...>; Fri, 13 Feb
      2004 15:35:14 -0500

      PART DELETED.......

      To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to: listserv@...
      In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET 2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
      3) SET LM_NET MAIL 4) SET LM_NET DIGEST * Allow for confirmation.
      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2004
        Hi Gordon,

        >I am using NoteTabLight to try to remove HTML tags from a batch
        >of emails that I have saved into NotePad and pasted into
        >NoteTabLight....
        >
        >If I go to Modify and down to Strip HTML completely, should it
        >remove everything in the example below except for the section in
        >CAPS (PART DELETED.......)?
        >All I can get it to do is to scrunch the unwanted parts below
        >into a smaller space. It does not delete them. What else do I
        >need to do?
        >Or does NoteTabLight not remove all of this gibberish? Is there
        >some other free program I can use that will delete this stuff?

        Strip HTML does just that. You are looking at email
        headers/footers, not HTML. If you are wanting to strip all that
        and if it id from a from/eMail list list this one where the the
        data you want to strip is always the same as far as what it
        starts and maybe ends with, then a Clip could be built to do it.
        If it is always the same, then re-post on the Clips list (see
        below) and maybe somebody will build a Clip for you. I understand
        that it may be HTML in your eMail program, but as far as most
        editors would be concerned it is eMail data. Your eMail program
        might save it as a text file.

        either of the links below. We use YahooGroups for the lists.
        _Please_ read the following if you decide to sign up!

        Clips or Scripts list for them.

        are for discussion of those programs.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

        lists.

        http://www.fookes.com/regnow.html?2448&item=home ;) Thank$ for
        getting the cookie if offered; they're delicious! :)

        >>From - Sat Feb 14 08:46:54 2004
        >Windows NT v1.1b) with SMTP id <0.0F4F3B9F@...>; Fri, 13 Feb
        >2004 15:35:14 -0500

        Happy Clip'n!