Re: [NTB] Creating a C.S.V. file query.

  • John Fitzsimons
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
      On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:15:05 -0500, Don - htmlfixit.com wrote:

      Hi Don,

      >Try this ...
      >1. with the cursor at the top of the document click on the replace
      >dialog (small binoculars) and check regular exp box (no other boxes
      >should be checked), in the top box put this without the quotes:
      >"^{\d+}\n" and that will look for one or more numbers at the start of
      >the line followed by a new line
      >2. in the bottom box put this without the quotes:
      >"\n\1\n" an that will precede each isbn number with a line feed ... so
      >it is a line feed (\n) followed by the number that was matched (\1) and
      >followed by a new line (\n)
      >3. hit replace all

      Okay, that got an extra line between ISBN and the previous field.

      >4. uncheck regular exp box, and then with the cursor at the top of the
      >file again and type this in the top box of the replace dialog:
      >"^P^T^P" - that is a line feed (^P), a tab (^T), and a line feed (^P)
      >5. in the bottom put a comma ","
      >6. hit replace all

      Again. Perfect. :-)

      >7. again with regular exp box unchecked and with the cursor at the top
      >of the file, type ",^P" in the top box
      >8. in the bottom box put ^P
      >9. hit replace all

      Okay.

      >10. move the cursor to the top of the file, delete the leading line feed
      >(put there by steps 1-3).

      >11. go to the end and if there is an extra line feed or anything delete it.

      >12. save it under a different name than the original file or back up the
      >original file before saving.

      >That should do it.

      >0743202236,A MIND AT A TIME - TPB,LIVINE M,$26.95
      >0895948575,A WOMAN'S I CHING - TPB,STEIN Diane,$29.95,NYP

      It certainly "did it". Not only are you very clever but you explained
      things very well. Your help is very much appreciated. Many thanks.

      Regards, John.

      P.S. I was looking at your pages with FireFox. It looked odd. Check
      out ; http://members.optushome.com.au/jfnews/htmlfixit.jpg

      ,-._|\ (A.C.F FAQ) http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/faq.html
      / Oz \ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
      \_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
      v http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/