Re: [NTB] NoteTab Corrupt Message [blank original subject]

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Just a wild-assed-guess: Any chance this is some kind of permissions
      problem?
      Are you running as Administrator? If not, can you replicate the problem
      while running as Administrator?

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        Steve wrote:

        That Matt has reinstalled the
        program and later gotten the same message lends credence to the possibility
        that
        simple reinstallation of the same NoteTab will not permanently solve this
        particular
        glitch. Perhaps the next version will do better with XP.

        Actually, once I re-installed NoteTab I didn't get the message. As in
        Steve's case, the message had resulted from my clicking on Help. But
        apparently, as was his experience, the problem would have gone away if I had
        simply OK'd the message and then gone on about my business.

        Steve suggests this problem might be related to XP, which isn't out of the
        question. I installed SP2 and it totally loused up one of my other programs,
        Info Select. But when I deleted SP2, the problem went away. As a result I
        don't use SP2, and see no reason to since I have a good firewall in Zone
        Alarm, and three spyware programs plus an anti-virus program.

        Matt Clark