Re: [NTB] Keyboard shortcut to hide the clipbook

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2004
      Daniel Prince wrote:
      > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:47:09 -0500, Julie wrote:
      >

      >> I have an alt+c command set up in my shortcuts.dat files...
      >>
      >> alt+c Tools/Clipbook Properties/Hide Clipbook
      >>
      >> warning: alt+c will write over any existing alt+c default keyboard
      shortcut
      >> (if it exists) in NTP
      >

      > Thank you. That works perfectly.
      >
      > Can I use the same shortcuts.dat file to execute a clip? The one I
      > want to execute is called "Change WordPairs to Contractions". It is
      > in the Utilities library. If it is possible, what would the line
      > look like?

      Daniel,

      I've seen no response to your last question so I'll try.

      I couldn't find a combination to get a clip to run. If you ever have
      the Utilities library focused in the window, you can hit ESC, a small 1
      line window will open close to the cursor position.

      As you type into the window and you type enough of the clipname the name
      will autocomplete in the window, then hit Enter/Return and the clip will
      run.

      The drawback to this method is, you must have the Utilities Library or
      the library containing words-contractions focused in the clipbook editor.

      Since, I assume from previous statements in your emails, you have
      AutoCorrect loaded a great deal of the time. This leaves one other
      viable, fairly simple option.

      Click the Utilities tab to focus it in the clipbook window, click and
      drag on the clip named "Change WordPairs to Contractions", apparently
      you've renamed it.

      While holding down the left mouse button, drag to a spot of your choice
      on the clipbar, I assume you have a clipbar showing, it's just under the
      Toolbar.

      When you have the mouse pointer in position, release the mouse. This
      creates/adds an icon in the Clipbar at the pointer location. There is a
      default icon but I don' know the number.

      Right-click on the clipbar and select 'Save Clipbar. You can also
      right-click on the icon you just dropped, choose Button Properties, and
      change the icon to one of your choice from those available.

      This isn't a keyboard shortcut but it's always available when that
      clipbar is loaded regardless of which clipbook is in the clipbook window.

      There are certain settings in NoteTab that will prevent you from
      dragging and dropping the icon if you have these settings selected.

      If you can't drag/drop, right-click the clipbar, choose, Edit Clipbar,
      add the line below to a spot in the clipbar text.

      "Utilities","Change WordPairs to Contractions","72"

      The number 72 is an icon designation, you can changed it as described
      above, from Clipbar Properties. Right-click clipbar, select Save
      Clipbar. From now on you can simply click the icon when you want to run
      the Contractions clip.

      ºvº
      hrs <04-11-27> hsavage@...
    • Daniel Prince
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2004
        On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:42:43 -0600, you wrote:

        >While holding down the left mouse button, drag to a spot of your choice
        >on the clipbar, I assume you have a clipbar showing, it's just under the
        >Toolbar.

        Thank you that does make it easier. I do not usually have the
        clipbar showing so I added this line to my Shortcuts.dat file:

        alt+b View/Clipbar/hide

        Now all I have to do to run your clip is hit alt+b and click on it.
        in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
        it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
          Hi Daniel,

          >> While holding down the left mouse button, drag to a spot of
          >> your choice on the clipbar, I assume you have a clipbar
          >> showing, it's just under the Toolbar.
          >
          >Thank you that does make it easier. I do not usually have the
          >clipbar showing so I added this line to my Shortcuts.dat file:
          >
          >alt+b View/Clipbar/hide

          Just my two cents about the Clipbar. Since I am not much of a
          keyboard person the Clipbar is invaluable to me. It saves me a
          very lot of time and far beyond well worth the little bit of
          screen it uses. I think even if I was a very good keyboard user I
          would still always have my default Clipbar showing. I do use
          Alt+Z in my Shortcuts.dat file to validate my HTML. I only use
          maybe 5 other keyboard shortcuts. It takes so much time for me to
          fond the right keys to press that it is not worthwhile for me to
          use shortcuts at this time. I suppose if I used them more I could
          find and remember the key combos better. ;) Even for expert typist
          though, you cannot always use the keyboard and the Clipbar would
          come in handy for them then.

          bcnu,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.