Re: [NTB] how do I save formatting from .doc

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 22, 2004
      this is off topic
      get a copy of open office from http://openoffice.org
      open each document and export as a pdf document
      search engines now index pdfs
      the only downside is bandwidth/file size

      another option, save all as html (everybody with any brains will then
      say "this idiot used a m$ product cause they don't know how to do this")
      and then there are some clips or programs (not done on this list -- go
      to clips or html) to reduce the bloat some

      there is a lot to be said for the web not being a static display medium
      and layout and content are two different things ... somehow that concept
      got messed up in your case

      Good luck.

      Don