Re: [NTB] two open files at a time

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
      Jody wrote:

      Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

      How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?

      Thanks Bruce
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
        There is a 'second window' option in the toolbar properties. Make sure
        it is checked and you'll be good to go.

        --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

        > Jody wrote:
        >
        > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document
        >
        > How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that
        > both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?
        >
        > Thanks Bruce

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
          Hi Bruce,

          > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

          I thought I gave directions in my last message, but deleted my
          reply at the server. Please leave some of the text with the
          message in the future, but definitely snip out unneeded footers
          and parts of the message that don't pertain to your reply. Thanks
          much!

          >How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so
          >that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the
          >other?

          Put the two documents side by side and click on Document | Second
          Window. In NoteTab Standard/Light only, not Pro, you can select
          text in one window, holder the Ctrl key down for Copy or no key
          for Cut, and while the mouse button is down over the selected
          text move your mouse (pointer) to where you want the text at in
          the other window. Let go of the mouse button. Again, this does
          not work in NoteTab Pro.

          You can also put the Second Window tool on the Toolbar or
          Shortcut menu in Options (or right click over the Toolbar and
          choose Properties). The keyboard shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+W.

          Happy Tab'n,