Re: [NTB] two open files at a time

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
      Hi Connie,

      >...I want to copy something from one of the files over to the
      >other. But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as I
      >open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.

      Open the two files next to each other and click on Document | If
      you only have those two files open you can use Ctrl+Tab to switch
      back and forth. (Use Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab to go back and
      forth. Those are standard for all tabs.) If you are using NoteTab
      Standard/Light you can drag/drop text from one window to the
      other. I think you will find that you are opening more than one
      file, but the last opened comes in focus. As mentioned, just
      click on the tab of the other file to focus it.

      http://www.sojourner.us/software

      Happy Tab'n,

    • Connie Jørgensen
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
        Hello, thank you so very much for helping me. It works fine now with ctrl+tab.
        Greetings
        Connie
      • bruce.somers@web.de
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
          Jody wrote:

          Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

          How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?

          Thanks Bruce
        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
            There is a 'second window' option in the toolbar properties. Make sure
            it is checked and you'll be good to go.

            --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

            > Jody wrote:
            >
            > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document
            >
            > How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that
            > both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?
            >
            > Thanks Bruce

            Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
            www.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
              Hi Bruce,

              > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

              I thought I gave directions in my last message, but deleted my
              reply at the server. Please leave some of the text with the
              message in the future, but definitely snip out unneeded footers
              and parts of the message that don't pertain to your reply. Thanks
              much!

              >How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so
              >that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the
              >other?

              Put the two documents side by side and click on Document | Second
              Window. In NoteTab Standard/Light only, not Pro, you can select
              text in one window, holder the Ctrl key down for Copy or no key
              for Cut, and while the mouse button is down over the selected
              text move your mouse (pointer) to where you want the text at in
              the other window. Let go of the mouse button. Again, this does
              not work in NoteTab Pro.

              You can also put the Second Window tool on the Toolbar or
              Shortcut menu in Options (or right click over the Toolbar and
              choose Properties). The keyboard shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+W.

              Happy Tab'n,