Re: [NTB] two open files at a time

  • Tim Lomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
      Ctrl+Tab switches between the multiple open files

      Tim

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
        Hi Connie,

        >...I want to copy something from one of the files over to the
        >other. But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as I
        >open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.

        Open the two files next to each other and click on Document | If
        you only have those two files open you can use Ctrl+Tab to switch
        back and forth. (Use Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab to go back and
        forth. Those are standard for all tabs.) If you are using NoteTab
        Standard/Light you can drag/drop text from one window to the
        other. I think you will find that you are opening more than one
        file, but the last opened comes in focus. As mentioned, just
        click on the tab of the other file to focus it.

        http://www.sojourner.us/software

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Connie Jørgensen
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
          Hello, thank you so very much for helping me. It works fine now with ctrl+tab.
          Greetings
          Connie
        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
            Jody wrote:

            Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

            How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?

            Thanks Bruce
          • sisterscape
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
              There is a 'second window' option in the toolbar properties. Make sure
              it is checked and you'll be good to go.

              --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

              > Jody wrote:
              >
              > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document
              >
              > How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that
              > both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?
              >
              > Thanks Bruce

              Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
              www.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
                Hi Bruce,

                > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

                I thought I gave directions in my last message, but deleted my
                reply at the server. Please leave some of the text with the
                message in the future, but definitely snip out unneeded footers
                and parts of the message that don't pertain to your reply. Thanks
                much!

                >How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so
                >that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the
                >other?

                Put the two documents side by side and click on Document | Second
                Window. In NoteTab Standard/Light only, not Pro, you can select
                text in one window, holder the Ctrl key down for Copy or no key
                for Cut, and while the mouse button is down over the selected
                text move your mouse (pointer) to where you want the text at in
                the other window. Let go of the mouse button. Again, this does
                not work in NoteTab Pro.

                You can also put the Second Window tool on the Toolbar or
                Shortcut menu in Options (or right click over the Toolbar and
                choose Properties). The keyboard shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+W.

                Happy Tab'n,