Re: [NTB] two open files at a time

  • Martin Webster
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
      Connie Jørgensen [CJ], wrote:

      CJ> I want to open two files so that I can alt+tab between these two
      CJ> files, because I want to copy something from one of the files over
      CJ> to the other. But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as
      CJ> I open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.

      Alt+Tab will help you switch between applications... with NTB each
      file is opened in the same instance of the application and assigned a
      tab below the toolbars (top left.) Just click on these to switch
      between files.

      --
      .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

      "No matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides." BARUCH
      SPINOZA
    • Tim Lomas
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
        Ctrl+Tab switches between the multiple open files

        Tim

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
          Hi Connie,

          >...I want to copy something from one of the files over to the
          >other. But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as I
          >open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.

          Open the two files next to each other and click on Document | If
          you only have those two files open you can use Ctrl+Tab to switch
          back and forth. (Use Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab to go back and
          forth. Those are standard for all tabs.) If you are using NoteTab
          Standard/Light you can drag/drop text from one window to the
          other. I think you will find that you are opening more than one
          file, but the last opened comes in focus. As mentioned, just
          click on the tab of the other file to focus it.

          http://www.sojourner.us/software

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Connie Jørgensen
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
            Hello, thank you so very much for helping me. It works fine now with ctrl+tab.
            Greetings
            Connie
          • bruce.somers@web.de
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
              Jody wrote:

              Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

              How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?

              Thanks Bruce
            • sisterscape
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
                There is a 'second window' option in the toolbar properties. Make sure
                it is checked and you'll be good to go.

                --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

                > Jody wrote:
                >
                > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document
                >
                > How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that
                > both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?
                >
                > Thanks Bruce

                Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                www.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
                  Hi Bruce,

                  > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

                  I thought I gave directions in my last message, but deleted my
                  reply at the server. Please leave some of the text with the
                  message in the future, but definitely snip out unneeded footers
                  and parts of the message that don't pertain to your reply. Thanks
                  much!

                  >How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so
                  >that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the
                  >other?

                  Put the two documents side by side and click on Document | Second
                  Window. In NoteTab Standard/Light only, not Pro, you can select
                  text in one window, holder the Ctrl key down for Copy or no key
                  for Cut, and while the mouse button is down over the selected
                  text move your mouse (pointer) to where you want the text at in
                  the other window. Let go of the mouse button. Again, this does
                  not work in NoteTab Pro.

                  You can also put the Second Window tool on the Toolbar or
                  Shortcut menu in Options (or right click over the Toolbar and
                  choose Properties). The keyboard shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+W.

                  Happy Tab'n,