two open files at a time

  • Connie Jørgensen
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
      Hello!
      I am new on this list so please excuse if I ask stupid questions.
      I want to open two files so that I can alt+tab between these two files, because I want to copy something from one of the files over to the other.
      But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as I open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.
      Hope someone could help me.
      Greetings
      Connie
    • Martin Webster
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
        Connie Jørgensen [CJ], wrote:

        CJ> I want to open two files so that I can alt+tab between these two
        CJ> files, because I want to copy something from one of the files over
        CJ> to the other. But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as
        CJ> I open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.

        Alt+Tab will help you switch between applications... with NTB each
        file is opened in the same instance of the application and assigned a
        tab below the toolbars (top left.) Just click on these to switch
        between files.

        --
        .\\artin | ICQ 15893823

        "No matter how thin you slice it, there are always two sides." BARUCH
        SPINOZA
      • Tim Lomas
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
          Ctrl+Tab switches between the multiple open files

          Tim

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
            Hi Connie,

            >...I want to copy something from one of the files over to the
            >other. But I am only able to open just one file. As soon as I
            >open file number two, the first one seams to disappear.

            Open the two files next to each other and click on Document | If
            you only have those two files open you can use Ctrl+Tab to switch
            back and forth. (Use Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab to go back and
            forth. Those are standard for all tabs.) If you are using NoteTab
            Standard/Light you can drag/drop text from one window to the
            other. I think you will find that you are opening more than one
            file, but the last opened comes in focus. As mentioned, just
            click on the tab of the other file to focus it.

            http://www.sojourner.us/software

            Happy Tab'n,

          • Connie Jørgensen
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
              Hello, thank you so very much for helping me. It works fine now with ctrl+tab.
              Greetings
              Connie
            • bruce.somers@web.de
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
                Jody wrote:

                Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

                How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?

                Thanks Bruce
              • sisterscape
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
                  There is a 'second window' option in the toolbar properties. Make sure
                  it is checked and you'll be good to go.

                  --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

                  > Jody wrote:
                  >
                  > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document
                  >
                  > How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so that
                  > both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the other?
                  >
                  > Thanks Bruce

                  Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
                  www.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
                    Hi Bruce,

                    > Open the two files next to each other and click on Document

                    I thought I gave directions in my last message, but deleted my
                    reply at the server. Please leave some of the text with the
                    message in the future, but definitely snip out unneeded footers
                    and parts of the message that don't pertain to your reply. Thanks
                    much!

                    >How, please, does one open two files 'next to one another', so
                    >that both are visible and text can be dragged from one to the
                    >other?

                    Put the two documents side by side and click on Document | Second
                    Window. In NoteTab Standard/Light only, not Pro, you can select
                    text in one window, holder the Ctrl key down for Copy or no key
                    for Cut, and while the mouse button is down over the selected
                    text move your mouse (pointer) to where you want the text at in
                    the other window. Let go of the mouse button. Again, this does
                    not work in NoteTab Pro.

                    You can also put the Second Window tool on the Toolbar or
                    Shortcut menu in Options (or right click over the Toolbar and
                    choose Properties). The keyboard shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+W.

                    Happy Tab'n,