Re: [NTB] Making the text cursor more visible

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 5, 2004
      Hi
      Have a look at your .ini file it should look like the one below ,if it is
      not ,the sounds are usually in windows\media or were ever you have put them
      and find the one you want and change the .ini to suit.
      PasteBoardDivider="^P^PH=""
      BrowserName=ie
      BrowserName2=
      DefaultOpenDir=D:\Myths-Gods
      DefaultSaveDir=D:\
      PasteSound=PasteBoardDivider="^P^PH=""
      BrowserName=ie
      BrowserName2=
      DefaultOpenDir=D:\Myths-Gods
      DefaultSaveDir=D:\
      PasteSound=c:\windows\media\ding.wav
      TemplateOpenDir=D:\NTS\Documents
      TemplateSaveDir=D:\NTS\Templates
      LinksOpenDir=
      DefaultColors=1
      PageColor=12632256

      THANKYOU DAVE

      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 5, 2004
        Hi
        I sent you the wrong email sorry??
        THANKYOU DAVE
        > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:20:35 -0500, you wrote:
        >

        >>At 11:43 PM 10/27/2004, Daniel Prince wrote:

        >>>Pressing the insert key does not make the text cursor any more visible
        >>>for me.
        >>>--
        >>
        >>Strange - In my copy of Notetab Pro, when I press the "Insert" key and
        >>change to overlay mode, the insertion point cursor disappears entirely
        >>and the text insertion point is marked by having the character to be
        >>overlaid flash, reversing color at the normal blink rate.
        >
        > I use NoteTab standard 4.95 and I can not see any difference between
        > insert and overlay mode.
        >
        >>The one thing I could find to change in Windows (XP) about the text
        >>insertion point cursor is that blink rate. You do that from the
        >>Keyboard option of Windows Control Panel. You might find that if
        >>you make it blink faster it will be more noticeable.
        >>
        >>There is a write-up on changing this attribute at:
        >><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/cursorblinkrate.mspx>
        >
        > I looked and I already have it set to the fastest available rate.
        > --
        > I am TERRIBLY cruel to my cat. I tease him with a vine tendril
        > until he either jumps up in the air to bat at it or zooms around
        > in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
        > it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jock
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 11, 2005
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1@c...> wrote:
          > Is there any way to make the text cursor more visible in NoteTab
          > Standard version 4.95? (That is the latest version isn't it?)
          >
          > If I could change the color, make it bigger or thicker it would be
          much
          > easier for me to find it. The text cursor in Agent 1.93 is
          thicker than
          > the one in NoteTab and I can find it much easier. Thank you in
          advance
          > for all replies.

          You can change it in Accesibility, but unfortunately this changes
          nothing in NoteTab where it is badly needed! Sad!

          -- Jock
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 12, 2005
            Hi Jock
            I do not know what system you run but in cursors directory in windows find
            thicker one and select them for hand writing and text select in control
            panel\mouse pointers.

            THANKYOU DAVE in au