Re: [NTB] missing paste board sound

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
      Pete Hoyle wrote:

      > When it was all finished, Notetab still worked, the Paste Board
      > still worked, but the audible "bong" did not sound to mark the
      > use of the Paste Board when I copied anything to the Windows
      > clipboard. I had been using the default sound, not a special
      > wav file. I "fixed" the problem by downloading a file of "click"
      > sounds from the Notetab site and telling Notetab to use one that
      > sounds like an old box camera as the Paste Board sound, but
      > I'm very curious about how I managed to break the original sound
      > and how I would get it back if needed.
      >
      > I thought of re-installing Notetab Pro from the disk I ordered
      > from Jody, but I can't recall how the process goes for making
      > sure I have the current version after doing that, and what I
      > need to do to make sure it still knows I'm a registered user.
      > For future reference, could someone remind me of that... Thanks.
      >

      > --
      > Pete Hoyle -- hoylesp@... (or use more permanent
      > hoylesp@... for forwarding)

      Pete,

      To restore the default sounds you'll probably have to go into Control
      Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices, then choose the Sounds Tab.

      Actually, I prefer not to use Windows defaults. I have only 3 or 4
      defaults enabled, if that many. To me, most of the defaults are
      unnecessary noise.

      For the PasteBoard I use a sound that is supposed to emulate a camera
      shutter click, very distinctive, it won't be mistaken for some other action.

      I doubt that re-installing NoteTab Pro will do anything for fixing the
      sound problem but, NoteTab has a 'Check for Updates' choice under the
      Help menu.

      It's been so long since I've used it, I'm not absolutely sure how it
      works, but, I think if you need an upgrade, you will have a choice to
      download the upgrade, if you don't need and upgrade the download choice
      won't be there.

      If there's still doubt about needing an upgrade go to the following page
      and download the upgrade package directly from NoteTab. The address
      follows;

      http://notetab.com/upgrade.php

      You install NoteTab over the installed copy, it automatically detects
      your registered copy and installs. Shouldn't be any problem but, if
      you've altered any of the stock clipbooks, in the Libraries folder, and
      don't want to lose them you have to copy them to another location until
      you've completed the current install.

      hrs
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
        Hi Pete,

        >> I thought of re-installing Notetab Pro from the disk I ordered
        >> from Jody, but I can't recall how the process goes for making
        >> sure I have the current version after doing that, and what I
        >> need to do to make sure it still knows I'm a registered user.
        >> For future reference, could someone remind me of that...

        The CD does not have your bong wav. It has the ones you
        downloaded, Nicole's, Eric's and one other from Nicole saying
        NoteTab. She has a nice voice and good sounding .wav files. They
        are all of her saying something, no sounds of camera shutters,
        etc. ;) You'll need to find your bong.wav and configure it.

        I have no idea how the sound got messed up, but maybe with
        everything you did the path was no longer there to the sound.
        Once you find your bong wav you can reconfigure it of course.

        Download CSE HTML Validator Lite - it is freeware, does not time
        out, etc. and does a good job of validating web pages so that
        they work correctly in all browsers. It works directly from
        NoteTab's Tool menu and a nice Clipbook Library is made so that
        when you click on an error it highlights that line in the HTML
        file! Really makes validating HTML pages easy and fast! You can
        test it out online and download from my main:

        NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.notetab.net/

        You can't miss the online checking form to put in the link to
        whatever web page you want. I'm sure you'll at least download the
        freeware version once you see the online version work! :)

        If you decide to buy it, I can give a 10% discount to you. Use this
        coupon when you order: NOTETABSAVE10

        Download CSE Validator Lite Now!
        http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
          Hi
          Have a look at your .ini file it should look like the one below ,if it is
          not ,the sounds are usually in windows\media or were ever you have put them
          and find the one you want and change the .ini to suit.
          PasteBoardDivider="^P^PH=""
          BrowserName=ie
          BrowserName2=
          DefaultOpenDir=D:\Myths-Gods