missing paste board sound

  • Pete Hoyle
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hi - I make a lot of use of Notetab Pro's Paste Board feature (Notetab Pro 4.95/np Full Version). Recently I had a lot of trouble with my Windows XP (Home) system when I tried to install Norton Internet Security a couple of times, with assoicated attempts to uninstall it and the need to use System Restore a couple of times to roll back to the day before I started all that mess.

      When it was all finished, Notetab still worked, the Paste Board still worked, but the audible "bong" did not sound to mark the use of the Paste Board when I copied anything to the Windows clipboard. I had been using the default sound, not a special wav file. I "fixed" the problem by downloading a file of "click" sounds from the Notetab site and telling Notetab to use one that sounds like an old box camera as the Paste Board sound, but I'm very curious about how I managed to break the original sound and how I would get it back if needed.

      I thought of re-installing Notetab Pro from the disk I ordered from Jody, but I can't recall how the process goes for making sure I have the current version after doing that, and what I need to do to make sure it still knows I'm a registered user. For future reference, could someone remind me of that... Thanks.

      --
      Pete Hoyle -- hoylesp@... (or use more permanent hoylesp@... for forwarding)
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
        Pete Hoyle wrote:

        > When it was all finished, Notetab still worked, the Paste Board
        > still worked, but the audible "bong" did not sound to mark the
        > use of the Paste Board when I copied anything to the Windows
        > clipboard. I had been using the default sound, not a special
        > wav file. I "fixed" the problem by downloading a file of "click"
        > sounds from the Notetab site and telling Notetab to use one that
        > sounds like an old box camera as the Paste Board sound, but
        > I'm very curious about how I managed to break the original sound
        > and how I would get it back if needed.
        >
        > I thought of re-installing Notetab Pro from the disk I ordered
        > from Jody, but I can't recall how the process goes for making
        > sure I have the current version after doing that, and what I
        > need to do to make sure it still knows I'm a registered user.
        > For future reference, could someone remind me of that... Thanks.
        >

        > --
        > Pete Hoyle -- hoylesp@... (or use more permanent
        > hoylesp@... for forwarding)

        Pete,

        To restore the default sounds you'll probably have to go into Control
        Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices, then choose the Sounds Tab.

        Actually, I prefer not to use Windows defaults. I have only 3 or 4
        defaults enabled, if that many. To me, most of the defaults are
        unnecessary noise.

        For the PasteBoard I use a sound that is supposed to emulate a camera
        shutter click, very distinctive, it won't be mistaken for some other action.

        I doubt that re-installing NoteTab Pro will do anything for fixing the
        sound problem but, NoteTab has a 'Check for Updates' choice under the
        Help menu.

        It's been so long since I've used it, I'm not absolutely sure how it
        works, but, I think if you need an upgrade, you will have a choice to
        download the upgrade, if you don't need and upgrade the download choice
        won't be there.

        If there's still doubt about needing an upgrade go to the following page
        and download the upgrade package directly from NoteTab. The address
        follows;

        http://notetab.com/upgrade.php

        You install NoteTab over the installed copy, it automatically detects
        your registered copy and installs. Shouldn't be any problem but, if
        you've altered any of the stock clipbooks, in the Libraries folder, and
        don't want to lose them you have to copy them to another location until
        you've completed the current install.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 3, 2004
          Hi Pete,

          >> I thought of re-installing Notetab Pro from the disk I ordered
          >> from Jody, but I can't recall how the process goes for making
          >> sure I have the current version after doing that, and what I
          >> need to do to make sure it still knows I'm a registered user.
          >> For future reference, could someone remind me of that...

          The CD does not have your bong wav. It has the ones you
          downloaded, Nicole's, Eric's and one other from Nicole saying
          NoteTab. She has a nice voice and good sounding .wav files. They
          are all of her saying something, no sounds of camera shutters,
          etc. ;) You'll need to find your bong.wav and configure it.

          I have no idea how the sound got messed up, but maybe with
          everything you did the path was no longer there to the sound.
          Once you find your bong wav you can reconfigure it of course.

          Download CSE HTML Validator Lite - it is freeware, does not time
          out, etc. and does a good job of validating web pages so that
          they work correctly in all browsers. It works directly from
          NoteTab's Tool menu and a nice Clipbook Library is made so that
          when you click on an error it highlights that line in the HTML
          file! Really makes validating HTML pages easy and fast! You can
          test it out online and download from my main:

          NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.notetab.net/

          You can't miss the online checking form to put in the link to
          whatever web page you want. I'm sure you'll at least download the
          freeware version once you see the online version work! :)

          If you decide to buy it, I can give a 10% discount to you. Use this
          coupon when you order: NOTETABSAVE10

          Download CSE Validator Lite Now!
          http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2004
            Hi
            Have a look at your .ini file it should look like the one below ,if it is
            not ,the sounds are usually in windows\media or were ever you have put them
            and find the one you want and change the .ini to suit.
            PasteBoardDivider="^P^PH=""
            BrowserName=ie
            BrowserName2=
            DefaultOpenDir=D:\Myths-Gods