Re: [NTB] Making the text cursor more visible

  • Pete Hoyle
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 3, 2004
      At 11:43 PM 10/27/2004, Daniel Prince wrote:

      >On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:36:15 -0500, Jody <kjv-av1611@...>
      >wrote:
      >>.... In NoteTab you can press
      >>the Insert key, but you will be in overwrite mode, so if you use
      >>that method you'll always have to remember to toggle it.
      >
      >Pressing the insert key does not make the text cursor any more visible
      >for me.
      >--

      Strange - In my copy of Notetab Pro, when I press the "Insert" key and change to overlay mode, the insertion point cursor disappears entirely and the text insertion point is marked by having the character to be overlaid flash, reversing color at the normal blink rate.

      The one thing I could find to change in Windows (XP) about the text insertion point cursor is that blink rate. You do that from the Keyboard option of Windows Control Panel. You might find that if you make it blink faster it will be more noticeable.

      There is a write-up on changing this attribute at:
      <http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/cursorblinkrate.mspx>

      --
      Pete Hoyle -- hoylesp@... (or use more permanent hoylesp@... for forwarding)
    • Daniel Prince
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 3, 2004
        On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:20:35 -0500, you wrote:

        >At 11:43 PM 10/27/2004, Daniel Prince wrote:
        >
        >>On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 01:36:15 -0500, Jody <kjv-av1611@...>
        >>wrote:
        >>>.... In NoteTab you can press
        >>>the Insert key, but you will be in overwrite mode, so if you use
        >>>that method you'll always have to remember to toggle it.
        >>
        >>Pressing the insert key does not make the text cursor any more visible
        >>for me.
        >>--
        >
        >Strange - In my copy of Notetab Pro, when I press the "Insert" key and
        >change to overlay mode, the insertion point cursor disappears entirely
        >and the text insertion point is marked by having the character to be
        >overlaid flash, reversing color at the normal blink rate.

        I use NoteTab standard 4.95 and I can not see any difference between
        insert and overlay mode.

        >The one thing I could find to change in Windows (XP) about the text
        >insertion point cursor is that blink rate. You do that from the
        >Keyboard option of Windows Control Panel. You might find that if
        >you make it blink faster it will be more noticeable.
        >
        >There is a write-up on changing this attribute at:
        ><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/cursorblinkrate.mspx>

        I looked and I already have it set to the fastest available rate.
        in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
        it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 3, 2004
          Hi Pete and Daniel,

          >>> .... In NoteTab you can press the Insert key, but you will be
          >>> in overwrite mode, so if you use that method you'll always
          >>> have to remember to toggle it.
          >>
          >> Pressing the insert key does not make the text cursor any more
          >> visible for me.

          Mine gets the size of a character width, a space, etc. Oh, OK, I
          just tested in Std/Light. It has no effect there as far as the
          cursor goes, only in Pro.

          >Strange - In my copy of Notetab Pro, when I press the "Insert"
          >key and change to overlay mode, the insertion point cursor
          >disappears entirely and the text insertion point is marked by
          >having the character to be overlaid flash, reversing color at the
          >normal blink rate.

          I don't know what all that means, but mine flashes on/off in a
          black square the width of a space and as tall as the regular
          cursor.

          >The one thing I could find to change in Windows (XP) about the
          >text insertion point cursor is that blink rate. You do that from
          >the Keyboard option of Windows Control Panel. You might find that
          >if you make it blink faster it will be more noticeable.
          >
          >There is a write-up on changing this attribute at:
          ><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/cursorblinkrate.mspx>

          Download CSE HTML Validator Lite - it is freeware, does not time
          out, etc. and does a good job of validating web pages so that
          they work correctly in all browsers. It works directly from
          NoteTab's Tool menu and a nice Clipbook Library is made so that
          when you click on an error it highlights that line in the HTML
          file! Really makes validating HTML pages easy and fast! You can
          test it out online and download from my main:

          NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.notetab.net/

          You can't miss the online checking form to put in the link to
          whatever web page you want. I'm sure you'll at least download the
          freeware version once you see the online version work! :)

          If you decide to buy it, I can give a 10% discount to you. Use this
          coupon when you order: NOTETABSAVE10

          Download CSE Validator Lite Now!
          http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 5, 2004
            Hi
            Have a look at your .ini file it should look like the one below ,if it is
            not ,the sounds are usually in windows\media or were ever you have put them
            and find the one you want and change the .ini to suit.
            PasteBoardDivider="^P^PH=""
            BrowserName=ie
            BrowserName2=
            DefaultOpenDir=D:\Myths-Gods
            DefaultSaveDir=D:\
            PasteSound=PasteBoardDivider="^P^PH=""
            BrowserName=ie
            BrowserName2=
            DefaultOpenDir=D:\Myths-Gods
            DefaultSaveDir=D:\
            PasteSound=c:\windows\media\ding.wav
            TemplateOpenDir=D:\NTS\Documents
            TemplateSaveDir=D:\NTS\Templates
            LinksOpenDir=
            DefaultColors=1
            PageColor=12632256

            THANKYOU DAVE

            > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:20:35 -0500, you wrote:
            >

            >>At 11:43 PM 10/27/2004, Daniel Prince wrote:

            >>>Pressing the insert key does not make the text cursor any more visible
            >>>for me.
            >>>--
            >>
            >>Strange - In my copy of Notetab Pro, when I press the "Insert" key and
            >>change to overlay mode, the insertion point cursor disappears entirely
            >>and the text insertion point is marked by having the character to be
            >>overlaid flash, reversing color at the normal blink rate.
            >
            > I use NoteTab standard 4.95 and I can not see any difference between
            > insert and overlay mode.
            >
            >>The one thing I could find to change in Windows (XP) about the text
            >>insertion point cursor is that blink rate. You do that from the
            >>Keyboard option of Windows Control Panel. You might find that if
            >>you make it blink faster it will be more noticeable.
            >>
            >>There is a write-up on changing this attribute at:
            >><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/cursorblinkrate.mspx>
            >
            > I looked and I already have it set to the fastest available rate.
            > --
            > I am TERRIBLY cruel to my cat. I tease him with a vine tendril
            > until he either jumps up in the air to bat at it or zooms around
            > in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
            > it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 5, 2004
              Hi
              I sent you the wrong email sorry??
              THANKYOU DAVE
              > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:20:35 -0500, you wrote:
              >

              >>At 11:43 PM 10/27/2004, Daniel Prince wrote:

              >>>Pressing the insert key does not make the text cursor any more visible
              >>>for me.
              >>>--
              >>
              >>Strange - In my copy of Notetab Pro, when I press the "Insert" key and
              >>change to overlay mode, the insertion point cursor disappears entirely
              >>and the text insertion point is marked by having the character to be
              >>overlaid flash, reversing color at the normal blink rate.
              >
              > I use NoteTab standard 4.95 and I can not see any difference between
              > insert and overlay mode.
              >
              >>The one thing I could find to change in Windows (XP) about the text
              >>insertion point cursor is that blink rate. You do that from the
              >>Keyboard option of Windows Control Panel. You might find that if
              >>you make it blink faster it will be more noticeable.
              >>
              >>There is a write-up on changing this attribute at:
              >><http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/cursorblinkrate.mspx>
              >
              > I looked and I already have it set to the fastest available rate.
              > --
              > I am TERRIBLY cruel to my cat. I tease him with a vine tendril
              > until he either jumps up in the air to bat at it or zooms around
              > in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
              > it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jock
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 11, 2005
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1@c...> wrote:
                > Is there any way to make the text cursor more visible in NoteTab
                > Standard version 4.95? (That is the latest version isn't it?)
                >
                > If I could change the color, make it bigger or thicker it would be
                much
                > easier for me to find it. The text cursor in Agent 1.93 is
                thicker than
                > the one in NoteTab and I can find it much easier. Thank you in
                advance
                > for all replies.

                You can change it in Accesibility, but unfortunately this changes
                nothing in NoteTab where it is badly needed! Sad!

                -- Jock
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 12, 2005
                  Hi Jock
                  I do not know what system you run but in cursors directory in windows find
                  thicker one and select them for hand writing and text select in control
                  panel\mouse pointers.

                  THANKYOU DAVE in au