Re: [NTB] Scrolling / highlighting in NoteTab

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 23, 2004
      Hi Bruce and Others,

      Well, my two cents as well I guess. :) If you are using Pro it
      uses an input control called Turbo Charger which is very quick
      and why Pro loads files quick and does real fast search and
      replaces. However, it also causes the selecting by means of
      scrolling to be very quick and making it a bit touchier than
      other programs which have the same problem. I cannot really say
      it is a problem as in a bug or glitch, but more of an annoyance.

      You'll also notice that if you are selecting downward in a
      document that there are two speeds: regular and double time for a
      lack of better terms. Click down at the bottom (with lots of text
      following) and check out the difference between holding your
      mouse pointer near the bottom and then all the way at the bottom
      of the window. It appears that horizontal scrolling goes double
      speed. Perhaps Eric can let up on the gas a bit when going that
      way. :) In the meantime use the keyboard as suggested and if you
      do scroll horizontal make sure your mouse pointer is directly in
      the middle of the line and be careful not to move it up/down out
      of the row area. I find it is easier for me to highlight a bit of
      test, press Ctrl+W to turn on word wrap and then select what I
      need. The reason I select a little text first is to that I can
      find it when it goes off screen when word wrap is turned on if it
      is a long line and other long lines above it (or is that below).
      <g>

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • bruce.somers@web.de
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 25, 2004
        Thanks to all for the tips on Scrolling / highlighting in NoteTab.

        I'm satisfied I guess, to know that the problem is universal and not confined to my configuration.

        I made a discovery of sorts today - the excessive scrolling rate is much less grave, if I keep the cursor away from the left margin. I can move it back there if I must, when I have ended the scrolling.

        If this has always been common knowledge, Jody will undoubtedly be pleased if no more than one or two of you tell me so.

        Thanks for all the hints.

        Bruce