Re: [NTB] Search/Replace window

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2004
      x222fbj:

      You can make the Find/Replace box easier to use by:
      1- resize and/or reposition it and then click on icon or right-click on its
      titlebar and choose "Save window state"
      2- right-click on the find or replace input field and choose "Font ..." to
      select a font and size that is more readable.

      Also you can copy find and replace strings to a dummy text buffer and
      manipulate them there and then copy/paste them back to the find/replace box
      for use in a different file.

      beyond that you're getting into clip code and should join the clips list:

      as a quick example, one line clips of the form:
      H="a quick find replace"
      ^!replace "this" >> "that"
      with various options at the end to chose how it works (see HELP) make an
      easy way to create, store and save for reuse complicated find-replace
      actions.

      Regards ... Alec