Re: [NTB] Unicode 2 ASCII

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2004
      Al:

      PSPad - powerful freeware editor for HTML, JavaScript, PHP, ASP, Perl,
      XHTML, C, MySQL, CSS, Hex editor http://www.pspad.com/index_en.html
      >>Code page conversion
      How does PSPad convert code pages?
      If you set a Code Page other than ANSI it means the file on disk is in this
      Code Page. So while reading file, PSPad provides conversion from this
      specific Code Page to ANSI, which is Windows native format.
      If you want save file in a different Code Page, simply change the Code Page
      using the menu and save file; PSPad will convert the file contents during
      the Save process from ANSI to specific code page.
      Most people will use ANSI (no conversion), OEM, ISO-8859-2, UTF-8 or
      UNICODE. Example:
      Take an ANSI file and save it as UNICODE
      1. Set ANSI in menu Format.
      2. Open file.
      3. Change code page to UNICODE.
      4. Save file.
      File is converted during save process to UNICODE.
      <<

      It also does a nice job on syntax highlighting.

      Any replies s/b to Off-topic

      Regards ... Alec