Re: [NTB] When do you plan NoteTab to be SP2 aware?

  • Jeff Butler
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
      Hey all, I am using xpsp2, with note tab pro, every
      thing works great...J B

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
        Hi Jacques

        >> If it is simply a shell enhancement, then maybe it is easy to
        >> implement and added in all our software when applicative.
        >
        >These editing features are enhancements of Tablet PC Writing
        >Pad. And Writing Pad is a component of XP SP2 for Tablet PC. So,
        >I believe (and hope) it is just to conform to some MS specs
        >(sorry, I am not a tech ;).

        You'll need to excuses my ignorance here and explain something to
        me. See, when I got disabled I went from making big time bucks
        working as a field service engineer for the long distance
        telephone switches that MCI, AllTel, Sprint, etc. use to support
        work for small programs and working on PCs. I love both of them,
        even this more because I have much more liberty with trying this
        and that without having to worry about knocking down a big switch
        in peek traffic = real big buckS! Anyway, I don't get out in the
        real wolrd anymore, so I don't know a lot about all these
        peripheral equipment, hand-helds, and things like that. So, is
        Tablet PC a type of computer like a PDA? Is it a set of commands
        the one can call into ther program? Tell me exactly what we are
        talking about and then maybe I can give you a better answer.

        >I did not investigate very far, but I've noticed: • MS: the new
        >Tablet PC features work in NotePad, WordPad, Windows dialogs, but
        >not in Outlook Express for instance. • Third party: it works in
        >a utility like SlickRun but not in NoteTabPro !
        >
        >The new feature are very valuable for Tablet PC use: they bring
        >great comfort when correcting mistakes.
        >
        >---> If usefull I can send or upload snapshots of those features on a
        >same sample test as they appear in Notepad and do not. in NoteTab.

        At this point I don't think I need to see them, just tell me if it
        is a piece of hardware/software and then may you can show me a
        pic later.

        I've got Fookesability!
        Although at times, no sensibility. <g>
        http://clean-funnies.com

        Jody

        http://sojourner.us/software
        fookes.us, notetab.net
        bwbc.us, sojourner.us
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
          Hi Jeff,

          >Hey all, I am using xpsp2, with note tab pro, every
          >thing works great...J B

          I think you will find that the Replace/Restore MS Notepad feature
          got broke. -jody

          >> Thank you for your message! Eric said that he hopes to have a
          >> maintenance release (minor upgrade) available for NoteTab by
          >> the end of October. That could man by January, or even later,
          >> and might even mean by the end of October. :) I cannot say if
          >> the features you mention below will be added. I don't know if
          >> they would be considered SP2 aware, or just added features. If
          >> it is just a matter of pointing some code towards it, then
          >> there might be a chance that it will be done so long as it
          >> worked well with NoteTab how it is now. It may depend a lot on
          >> the input control. Notepad uses the Microsoft Rich Edit Control
          >> (riched32.dll) and so does NoteTab Standard/Light, but Pro does
          >> not. So, perhaps it has a better chance of getting added in
          >> NoteTab Standard/Light. If it is simply a shell enhancement,
          >> then maybe it is easy to implement and added in all our
          >> software when applicative.

          In Jesus' Love,
          Bro. Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:20-23
          www.purewords.org

          Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
          be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
          Matthew 10:16

          (o o)
        • Jeff Butler
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
            I will take your word on this my friend, I got a
            message when switching to Pro as an experiment, I
            can't think of a use in of that function anyway, I
            have set note pad pro as default and use opera 7.6,
            Pro works flawless with xp, my new computer came with
            sp2 installed. PTL...J B