Re: [NTB] When do you plan NoteTab to be SP2 aware?

  • Jeff Butler
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
      Hey all, I am using xpsp2, with note tab pro, every
      thing works great...J B
      --- Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jacques,
      >
      > Thank you for your message! Eric said that he hopes
      > to have a
      > maintenance release (minor upgrade) available for
      > NoteTab by the
      > end of October. That could man by January, or even
      > later, and
      > might even mean by the end of October. :) I cannot
      > say if the
      > features you mention below will be added. I don't
      > know if they
      > would be considered SP2 aware, or just added
      > features. If it is
      > just a matter of pointing some code towards it, then
      > there might
      > be a chance that it will be done so long as it
      > worked well with
      > NoteTab how it is now. It may depend a lot on the
      > input control.
      > Notepad uses the Microsoft Rich Edit Control
      > (riched32.dll) and
      > so does NoteTab Standard/Light, but Pro does not.
      > So, perhaps it
      > has a better chance of getting added in NoteTab
      > Standard/Light.
      > If it is simply a shell enhancement, then maybe it
      > is easy to
      > implement and added in all our software when
      > applicative.
    • Jacques Turbé
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
        > Thank you for your message! Eric said that he hopes to have a maintenance release
        > (minor upgrade) available for NoteTab by the end of October. That could man by
        > January, or even later, and might even mean by the end of October. :)

        Nice!

        > If it is simply a shell enhancement, then maybe it is easy to implement and added in
        > all our software when applicative.

        These editing features are enhancements of Tablet PC Writing Pad. And
        Writing Pad is a component of XP SP2 for Tablet PC. So, I believe (and
        hope) it is just to conform to some MS specs (sorry, I am not a tech
        ;).

        I did not investigate very far, but I've noticed:
        • MS: the new Tablet PC features work in NotePad, WordPad, Windows
        dialogs, but not in Outlook Express for instance.
        • Third party: it works in a utility like SlickRun but not in NoteTabPro !

        The new feature are very valuable for Tablet PC use: they bring great
        comfort when correcting mistakes.

        ---> If usefull I can send or upload snapshots of those features on a
        same sample test as they appear in Notepad and do not. in NoteTab.

        > I do have a Library about ready for public release that fixes the Replace/Restore MS
        > Notepad feature that WinXP SP2 broke. Actually, it doesn't fix it, but has a Clip that
        > can be used to toggle the feature on/off without manual editing in Windows Explorer
        > (or My Computer) or the registry. I'll announce it on this list when it is completed.

        Good!

        Jacques
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
          Hi Jacques

          >> If it is simply a shell enhancement, then maybe it is easy to
          >> implement and added in all our software when applicative.
          >
          >These editing features are enhancements of Tablet PC Writing
          >Pad. And Writing Pad is a component of XP SP2 for Tablet PC. So,
          >I believe (and hope) it is just to conform to some MS specs
          >(sorry, I am not a tech ;).

          You'll need to excuses my ignorance here and explain something to
          me. See, when I got disabled I went from making big time bucks
          working as a field service engineer for the long distance
          telephone switches that MCI, AllTel, Sprint, etc. use to support
          work for small programs and working on PCs. I love both of them,
          even this more because I have much more liberty with trying this
          and that without having to worry about knocking down a big switch
          in peek traffic = real big buckS! Anyway, I don't get out in the
          real wolrd anymore, so I don't know a lot about all these
          peripheral equipment, hand-helds, and things like that. So, is
          Tablet PC a type of computer like a PDA? Is it a set of commands
          the one can call into ther program? Tell me exactly what we are
          talking about and then maybe I can give you a better answer.

          >I did not investigate very far, but I've noticed: • MS: the new
          >Tablet PC features work in NotePad, WordPad, Windows dialogs, but
          >not in Outlook Express for instance. • Third party: it works in
          >a utility like SlickRun but not in NoteTabPro !
          >
          >The new feature are very valuable for Tablet PC use: they bring
          >great comfort when correcting mistakes.
          >
          >---> If usefull I can send or upload snapshots of those features on a
          >same sample test as they appear in Notepad and do not. in NoteTab.

          At this point I don't think I need to see them, just tell me if it
          is a piece of hardware/software and then may you can show me a
          pic later.

          I've got Fookesability!
          Although at times, no sensibility. <g>
          http://clean-funnies.com

          Jody

          http://sojourner.us/software
          fookes.us, notetab.net
          bwbc.us, sojourner.us
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
            Hi Jeff,

            >Hey all, I am using xpsp2, with note tab pro, every
            >thing works great...J B

            I think you will find that the Replace/Restore MS Notepad feature
            got broke. -jody

            >> Thank you for your message! Eric said that he hopes to have a
            >> maintenance release (minor upgrade) available for NoteTab by
            >> the end of October. That could man by January, or even later,
            >> and might even mean by the end of October. :) I cannot say if
            >> the features you mention below will be added. I don't know if
            >> they would be considered SP2 aware, or just added features. If
            >> it is just a matter of pointing some code towards it, then
            >> there might be a chance that it will be done so long as it
            >> worked well with NoteTab how it is now. It may depend a lot on
            >> the input control. Notepad uses the Microsoft Rich Edit Control
            >> (riched32.dll) and so does NoteTab Standard/Light, but Pro does
            >> not. So, perhaps it has a better chance of getting added in
            >> NoteTab Standard/Light. If it is simply a shell enhancement,
            >> then maybe it is easy to implement and added in all our
            >> software when applicative.

            In Jesus' Love,
            Bro. Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:20-23
            www.purewords.org

            Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
            be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
            Matthew 10:16

            (o o)
          • Jeff Butler
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 15, 2004
              I will take your word on this my friend, I got a
              message when switching to Pro as an experiment, I
              can't think of a use in of that function anyway, I
              have set note pad pro as default and use opera 7.6,
              Pro works flawless with xp, my new computer came with
              sp2 installed. PTL...J B