Re: [NTB] Find and replace hyperlinks

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2004
      richardharrington1223 wrote:

      > I have a website with several hundred pages. Each page has a
      > hyperlink (the same hyperlink) that allows a visitor to access a
      > Table of Contents (TOC) for the website. I have modified the TOC and
      > given it a new name and hyperlink address. Is there a way to use
      > NoteTab Pro to find the old hyperlink and replace it with the new
      > hyperlink?
      >
      > I also need to 'find and replace' a number of e-mail addresses. Can
      > NoteTab Pro help me do this?
      >
      > Dick

      Dick,

      Both the above should be fairly easy, provided you have a duplicate of
      your website on your hard drive. This is almost a necessity for a great
      number of files to be edited.

      You could download each file into NoteTab that needs editing with your
      ftp program, edit it, re-upload, go to the next. Not very efficient.

      hrs
    • dpasseng
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2004
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "richardharrington1223"
        <richardharrington1223@y...> wrote:

        > I have a website with several hundred pages. Each page has a
        > hyperlink (the same hyperlink) that allows a visitor to access a
        > Table of Contents (TOC) for the website. I have modified the TOC and
        > given it a new name and hyperlink address. Is there a way to use
        > NoteTab Pro to find the old hyperlink and replace it with the new
        > hyperlink?
        >
        > I also need to 'find and replace' a number of e-mail addresses. Can
        > NoteTab Pro help me do this?
        >
        > Dick

        Yes very much so. Under search use search disk
        open all documents necessary and make the change with search and replace.

        for email addresses, you use the same
        I would strongly encourage you to mask email addresses using the
        on-line tool here:
        http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-bin/tools/encoded_email_masking.cgi
        for the reasons explained in that document.