Find and replace hyperlinks

  • richardharrington1223
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2004
      I have a website with several hundred pages. Each page has a
      hyperlink (the same hyperlink) that allows a visitor to access a
      Table of Contents (TOC) for the website. I have modified the TOC and
      given it a new name and hyperlink address. Is there a way to use
      NoteTab Pro to find the old hyperlink and replace it with the new
      hyperlink?

      I also need to 'find and replace' a number of e-mail addresses. Can
      NoteTab Pro help me do this?

      Dick
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2004
        richardharrington1223 wrote:

        > I have a website with several hundred pages. Each page has a
        > hyperlink (the same hyperlink) that allows a visitor to access a
        > Table of Contents (TOC) for the website. I have modified the TOC and
        > given it a new name and hyperlink address. Is there a way to use
        > NoteTab Pro to find the old hyperlink and replace it with the new
        > hyperlink?
        >
        > I also need to 'find and replace' a number of e-mail addresses. Can
        > NoteTab Pro help me do this?
        >
        > Dick

        Dick,

        Both the above should be fairly easy, provided you have a duplicate of
        your website on your hard drive. This is almost a necessity for a great
        number of files to be edited.

        You could download each file into NoteTab that needs editing with your
        ftp program, edit it, re-upload, go to the next. Not very efficient.

        hrs
      • dpasseng
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2004
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "richardharrington1223"
          <richardharrington1223@y...> wrote:

          > I have a website with several hundred pages. Each page has a
          > hyperlink (the same hyperlink) that allows a visitor to access a
          > Table of Contents (TOC) for the website. I have modified the TOC and
          > given it a new name and hyperlink address. Is there a way to use
          > NoteTab Pro to find the old hyperlink and replace it with the new
          > hyperlink?
          >
          > I also need to 'find and replace' a number of e-mail addresses. Can
          > NoteTab Pro help me do this?
          >
          > Dick

          Yes very much so. Under search use search disk
          open all documents necessary and make the change with search and replace.

          for email addresses, you use the same
          I would strongly encourage you to mask email addresses using the
          on-line tool here:
          http://htmlfixit.com/cgi-bin/tools/encoded_email_masking.cgi
          for the reasons explained in that document.