Re: [NTB] installing NoteTab...

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
      At 12:25 PM 10/12/2004 +0000, you wrote:
      >can i install notetab pro on the "removable" USB harddrive and be
      >able us use notetab anywhere that i take the harddrive?
      >
      >sorry, but my though knowledge is not with the W op systems, but with
      >mainframe business applications development.
      >
      >Bruce Ring

      I drug and dropped the NTPro folder to a remote USB drive on my network.
      I was able to launch NTPro from the machine the drive is connected to with
      no problem.

      -Mike

    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2004
        Hi Bruce,

        > I have a USB harddrive, that i take to another machine in a
        > career center (which will not sanction any software installs). And i
        > have my "traveling data" on the USB harddrive, that include outline
        > files... now the question...
        >
        > can i install notetab pro on the "removable" USB harddrive and be
        > able us use notetab anywhere that i take the harddrive?

        Contrary to the other's views here... I doubt it!

        The schools I teach in also disallow user installs. They also disallow
        running executables from the A: drives or anything plugged in the USB
        sockets. As a visiting Adult Education tutor my username gets much the same
        privileges as school students.

        If such network precautions are not in place at your careers centre, then
        the others will have given a good answer!

        Greg