Re: [NTB] Line number display is not wide enough

  • Gerard Huijing
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
      Robin Chapple wrote:
      > I am running NoteTab Pro 4.95/np with WindowsXP Home.
      >
      > The line number count is limited to three digits which is not a problem
      > with most of what I need to do but when I need four digits being limited to
      > three is a disaster.
      >
      > What can I do to rectify the situation??
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Robin Chapple

      I did a quick check with NTBPro 4.95 / Win98SE and a large file showed a
      line nr count > 20000. As far as I remember I never changed anything in
      NTB setting re line nrs. Sorry that for now I cannot help you, but maybe
      there is something else (i.e. non-NTB) that prevents you from seeing
      full line nrs > 999.

      Gerard

      --
      Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
      Paul Krugerstraat 48A
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
        Hi Robin,

        Did you try another file? In NoteTab Pro it displays more than
        three digits wide. If you are running NoteTab Standard/Light, you
        might first try a new INI File found in its main folder
        (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
        so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
        the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
        in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.

        If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
        so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
        doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
        and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
        Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
        actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.

        If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
        rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
        looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
        INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
        get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
        pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
        exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
        and restart NoteTab.

        If you are in NoteTab Standard/Light and the above doesn't help,
        try replacing your riched32.dll found in your System32 folder.

        >I am running NoteTab Pro 4.95/np with WindowsXP Home.
        >
        >The line number count is limited to three digits which is not a problem
        >with most of what I need to do but when I need four digits being limited to
        >three is a disaster.

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
          Probably not Robin's problem ... but I have noticed sometimes with a large
          file that all digits of the line number are not displayed. IIRC - switching
          to another file on another tab or even just opening a new empty buffer and
          then back to the one that's misbehaving fixes it.

          Regards ... Alec