Line number display is not wide enough

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2004
      I am running NoteTab Pro 4.95/np with WindowsXP Home.

      The line number count is limited to three digits which is not a problem
      with most of what I need to do but when I need four digits being limited to
      three is a disaster.

      What can I do to rectify the situation??

      Thanks,

      Robin Chapple
    • Gerard Huijing
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
        Robin Chapple wrote:
        > I am running NoteTab Pro 4.95/np with WindowsXP Home.
        >
        > The line number count is limited to three digits which is not a problem
        > with most of what I need to do but when I need four digits being limited to
        > three is a disaster.
        >
        > What can I do to rectify the situation??
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Robin Chapple

        I did a quick check with NTBPro 4.95 / Win98SE and a large file showed a
        line nr count > 20000. As far as I remember I never changed anything in
        NTB setting re line nrs. Sorry that for now I cannot help you, but maybe
        there is something else (i.e. non-NTB) that prevents you from seeing
        full line nrs > 999.

        Gerard

        --
        Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
        Paul Krugerstraat 48A
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
          Hi Robin,

          Did you try another file? In NoteTab Pro it displays more than
          three digits wide. If you are running NoteTab Standard/Light, you
          might first try a new INI File found in its main folder
          (NotePro.ini or NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Retype over a letter
          so that it creates a state of needing to be saved. Simply save
          the file with an exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini)
          in front of it and restart NoteTab. Restart NoteTab.

          If that does not work, try a new INI file by renaming the current
          so you can save your settings by going back to the original if it
          doesn't help. If you want to create a new INI file, close NoteTab
          and rename NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for
          Std/Light). Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings
          actually creating the INI file when you shut it down.

          If that fixes it, try going through the same procedure, but
          rename your original INI file back to its original name. If it
          looks OK then, all is well. If not you will need to build the new
          INI file again and redo all your settings. You might be able to
          get away with copying all the text in the old INI file and
          pasting it into the new INI file. Simply save the file with an
          exclamation mark (!NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini) in front of it
          and restart NoteTab.

          If you are in NoteTab Standard/Light and the above doesn't help,
          try replacing your riched32.dll found in your System32 folder.

          >I am running NoteTab Pro 4.95/np with WindowsXP Home.
          >
          >The line number count is limited to three digits which is not a problem
          >with most of what I need to do but when I need four digits being limited to
          >three is a disaster.

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 11, 2004
            Probably not Robin's problem ... but I have noticed sometimes with a large
            file that all digits of the line number are not displayed. IIRC - switching
            to another file on another tab or even just opening a new empty buffer and
            then back to the one that's misbehaving fixes it.

            Regards ... Alec