Re: [NTB] Double click txt file => open on new tab in NoteTab

  • loro
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      fspafford wrote:
      >I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
      >NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab.

      You would have to associate Notetab with text files. Easiest done from
      within Notetab.
      View | Options -> Associations tab
      There you can add all file types that you want Notetab to open by default.

      Lotta
    • fspafford
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, <egroups@t...> wrote:
        > Frank,
        >
        > >> I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
        > NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab. <<
        >
        > Sure. Help, Replace MS Notepad.
        >
        > If you are running WinXP SP2 you may need to make some changes to Windows
        > File Protection to make it stick.
        >
        > -Toby

        I tried this, but this only works if Notetab is not running. If Notetab is running, and I double click a text (.txt) file, Notetab opens but the text file is not shown in Notetab.

        Frank
      • fspafford
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@t...> wrote:
          > fspafford wrote:
          > >I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
          > >NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab.
          >
          > You would have to associate Notetab with text files. Easiest done
          from
          > within Notetab.
          > View | Options -> Associations tab
          > There you can add all file types that you want Notetab to open by
          default.

          > Lotta

          I tried this, but this only works if Notetab is not running. If
          Notetab is
          running, and I double click a text (.txt) file, Notetab opens but the
          text file
          is not shown in Notetab.

          Frank
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            > I tried this, but this only works if Notetab is not running. If
            > Notetab is running, and I double click a text (.txt) file,
            > Notetab opens but the text file is not shown in Notetab.

            I have never used "Replace NoteTab" and have the same problem (under WinME,
            WinXPHome SP1 and now SP2), but in my case it only refused to load the file
            if NoteTab is minimised. If the NoteTab window is open it works. It also
            works if NoteTab is not running and needs to be launched.

            (As mentioned a couple of weeks back!)

            Greg