Double click txt file => open on new tab in NoteTab

  • fspafford
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
      NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab.

      Can this be done?

      Thanks,

      Frank
    • egroups@towerlink.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
        Frank,

        >> I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
        NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab. <<

        Sure. Help, Replace MS Notepad.

        If you are running WinXP SP2 you may need to make some changes to Windows
        File Protection to make it stick.

        -Toby
      • loro
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
          fspafford wrote:
          >I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
          >NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab.

          You would have to associate Notetab with text files. Easiest done from
          within Notetab.
          View | Options -> Associations tab
          There you can add all file types that you want Notetab to open by default.

          Lotta
        • fspafford
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, <egroups@t...> wrote:
            > Frank,
            >
            > >> I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
            > NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab. <<
            >
            > Sure. Help, Replace MS Notepad.
            >
            > If you are running WinXP SP2 you may need to make some changes to Windows
            > File Protection to make it stick.
            >
            > -Toby

            I tried this, but this only works if Notetab is not running. If Notetab is running, and I double click a text (.txt) file, Notetab opens but the text file is not shown in Notetab.

            Frank
          • fspafford
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@t...> wrote:
              > fspafford wrote:
              > >I would like to be able to double-click a text (.txt) file and have
              > >NoteTab, which is already running, open the file on a new tab.
              >
              > You would have to associate Notetab with text files. Easiest done
              from
              > within Notetab.
              > View | Options -> Associations tab
              > There you can add all file types that you want Notetab to open by
              default.

              > Lotta

              I tried this, but this only works if Notetab is not running. If
              Notetab is
              running, and I double click a text (.txt) file, Notetab opens but the
              text file
              is not shown in Notetab.

              Frank
            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2004
                > I tried this, but this only works if Notetab is not running. If
                > Notetab is running, and I double click a text (.txt) file,
                > Notetab opens but the text file is not shown in Notetab.

                I have never used "Replace NoteTab" and have the same problem (under WinME,
                WinXPHome SP1 and now SP2), but in my case it only refused to load the file
                if NoteTab is minimised. If the NoteTab window is open it works. It also
                works if NoteTab is not running and needs to be launched.

                (As mentioned a couple of weeks back!)

                Greg