Re: [NTB] Use of wildcard in Find and Replace.

  • Ben B
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2004
      On Friday, Sep 24, 2004
      Robin Chapple wrote regarding "Use of wildcard in Find and Replace.";

      > I have thousands of examples of an HTML expression which I need to remove.
      > I need to replace the numeric characters with a wildcard.
      >
      > How do I do that? The numeric content is up to 9999.
      >
      > The expressions is:
      >
      > <a name="Index9"></a>

      Hi Robin,

      Using RegExp (tick the "Regular Expression" box in Find and Replace or
      use the R parameter in a clip) the expression would be;

      <a name="Index\d+"></a>

      or

      <a name="Index[0-9]+"></a>

      See the "Regular Expressions" topic in NoteTab Help for more detail.

      HTH
      Ben