Re: [NTB] Email account utilization warning.

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2004
      Oh, I don't ever open unsolicited attachments. I was just wondering
      since this came through the list. Cheers. sisterscape

      --- Bill Salyers <billsalyers@...> wrote:

      > Never open attachments unless you requested them. This message
      > contains a virus.
      >
      > Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
      > billsalyers@...
      > <*)))))>< ><(((((*>

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2004
        If you *do* belong to any yahoo groups that allow attachments you might find
        that your ISP bounces messages that contain the virus. Seems like a good
        idea but yahoo responds to such bounces by putting your account into
        hard-bouncing mode - as a result you can wind up getting *NO* email from
        *ANY* yahoo-groups.

        If it happens to you, eventually you should get a notice from Yahoo-groups
        giving a URL to go to "unbounce" yourself, but if you suspect this has
        happened, going to your mygroups gives a link where you can check your
        current bounce status and bounce history.

        Its happened to me five or six times this year :-(

        Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2004
          On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 07:05:01 -0700 (PDT), sisterscape
          <sisterscape@...> wrote:
          > Is this for real or a nasty?

          Look at the grammar and spelling. It's a dead giveaway. I don't know
          what we'll do when the crapware writers learn to write English. I'm
          hoping that the two skills are mutually exclusive.

          PH

          Dr. Paul Harder Houston, Texas, USA pharder@...
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2004
            Hi Sis and Others,

            In short, ignore it.

            I haven't ever seen a message from YahooGroups saying they would
            be going down for maintenance. I don't think they send them out.
            If they do it would most likely be to moderators and list owners.
            They might put a notice on their main page, but I doubt it. They
            have many redundant/mirror lists to use, so if they want to do
            maintenance now-a-days all they need to do is change their
            settings to not include checking a mirror they want to to
            maintenance on (and then copy to the other mirrors one at a time
            if that is what they want to do.) ;)

            Besides, if they were no bring everything down, most likely the
            messages would just be delayed in getting received and sent out.
            Just always give your messages at least 12 hours before re-posting
            if you don't see it hit the list on the web view.

            >Dear user, the management of Yahoogroups.com mailing system
            >wants to let you know that,
            >
            >Our main mailing server will be temporary unavaible for next two
            >days, to continue receiving mail in these days you have to
            >configure our free auto-forwarding service.

            Happy Tab'n,