two drives problem

  • Pavel Šafrata
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2004
      Hi anyone,

      I like notetab's features very much, but there is one thing which makes me mad. I have two hard drives in my computer. The first one contains all software (including notetab) and temporary data, and the second one is a space for storing large and rarely used data. And now my prolem. When I start notetab, it doesn't let my second drive sleep. It means an annoying 5 seconds delay in notepad's startup (it waits till the sleeping drive wakes up), and it needlessly wastes the lifetime of my hardware. Please, can anyone tell me, what does notetab search on the drive I didn't ask? Can I somehow avoid this? I didn't find in options anything pointing to my second drive. Thanks

      Pavel
      Obchodní dům.cz - široký sortiment domácích spotřebičů a elektroniky, výrazné slevy. Navštivte
      http://ad.seznam.cz/clickthru?spotId=73742
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        Hi Pavel,

        I wouldn't know why that happens exactly. It could be that you
        have Favorites on that drive, files in the Reopen List (under
        File) listed on your sleeping drive, or you have files open in
        NoteTab when you shut it down on that drive and Reload Open
        Documents checked in the General tab in Options.

        > I like notetab's features very much, but there is one thing
        > which makes me mad. I have two hard drives in my computer. The
        > first one contains all software (including notetab) and
        > temporary data, and the second one is a space for storing large
        > and rarely used data. And now my problem. When I start notetab,
        > it doesn't let my second drive sleep. It means an annoying 5
        > seconds delay in notepad's startup (it waits till the sleeping
        > drive wakes up), and it needlessly wastes the lifetime of my
        > hardware. Please, can anyone tell me, what does notetab search
        > on the drive I didn't ask? Can I somehow avoid this? I didn't
        > find in options anything pointing to my second drive. Thanks

        Happy Tab'n,