NoteTab Pro exits on Replace

  • casa_3311
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2004
      I had some computer problems last week with a corrupt registry where
      I ended up having to reinstall my operating system (Windows XP Home).

      This morning I went into NoteTab Pro and tried to replace all ^t
      (tab) characters with a | in a txt file, but every time I clicked on
      Search>Replace, the program shut down.

      I went out to where I had saved my download from my purchase (v4.6)
      and I tried reinstalling it. Still the same problem.

      Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still the same problem.

      Then I went to www.notetab.com and saw that there was and upgrade to
      v4.9, so I upgrade and installed the upgrade. Still the same problem.

      Does anyone have any ideas? I'm new to this group and it's totally
      different from any others that I belong to, so don't know if it will
      email me with answers to my question. I hope so.

      Thanks...
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        Hi casa_3311 and Others,

        I'm just letting you all know that this was also asked/copied in
        a support message to me. The fix was to create a new INI file for
        NoteTab.

        >I had some computer problems last week with a corrupt registry where
        >I ended up having to reinstall my operating system (Windows XP Home).
        >
        >This morning I went into NoteTab Pro and tried to replace all ^t
        >(tab) characters with a | in a txt file, but every time I clicked on
        >Search>Replace, the program shut down.
        >
        >I went out to where I had saved my download from my purchase (v4.6)
        >and I tried reinstalling it. Still the same problem.
        >
        >Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still the same problem.
        >
        >Then I went to www.notetab.com and saw that there was and upgrade to
        >v4.9, so I upgrade and installed the upgrade. Still the same problem.
        >
        >Does anyone have any ideas? I'm new to this group and it's totally
        >different from any others that I belong to, so don't know if it will
        >email me with answers to my question. I hope so.

        Happy Tab'n,