I need a paragraph reformat command

  • epement
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2004
      My immediate need ("immediate" as in urgent) is for a paragraph reform
      command. It should work the way that Ctrl-B works in WordStar or VDE,
      or how ESC-q works in Emacs. Beginning at the current cursor
      position, it reformats the paragraph according to pre-set left and
      right margins. The paragraph reformat stops when the end of the
      current paragraph is reached.

      I am aware of the Reformat Lines command (Shft-Ctrl-M) which is
      available by Modify-->Lines-->Reformat Lines. But this command
      requires marking a block first. I don't want to mark a block first.
      (Or, as an alternative, I want the block to be understood as beginning
      at the current line, and continuing to the next blank line.)

      I suppose this question has been asked before, but in searching the
      message base, I have not found many messages which contain the word
      "reform" or "reformat" in them. Thanks in advance for any help,
      advice, or macros you can provide. (I use NoteTab Pro v4.95)

      --
      Eric Pement