Re: [NTB] Does anyone use Notetab for email or newsgroups?

  • Bill Salyers
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
      I often use NoteTab Pro with Outlook Express in two ways. I compose, spell check, and then copy and paste into the
      message. I often use NTB to strip those leading '<' characters and New Line or Carriage Returns from E-mail I
      receive so I can edit and use it in other programs. I often do that when replying to E-mail so I can paste in a
      formatted copy of the original. By composing messages in NTB, which is always open, I avoid holding open an
      Outlook Express compose window and losing my work when IE or OE crashes.

      Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
      billsalyers@...
      <*)))))>< ><(((((*>
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
        At the bottom of this message you will find how email stripper does the
        same thing with the press of one button then press another button to
        copy then you can paste into your mailer and edit if you like. However
        note that when someone uses | symbol for quoting as you did, they will
        not be stripped. If your mailer's composer has a habit of crashing, then
        I would suggest using a different mailer and one that has a good spell
        checker.
        At the end of the stripped message you will find the location for
        getting your free copy of mailstripper.
        Then again, maybe someone has a clip to do this in Notetab. :>)

        Joe

        Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:45 PM Subject: [NTB] Does anyone
        use Notetab for email or newsgroups?

        | Hi Everybody, | | I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9 |
        | Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can | *by
        default* compose your messages in NTP? | | Thanks, Steve

        Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with
        Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/NhFolB/TM

      • Ed Brown
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
          Yep, Joe, but it is so important to write clips that most on this list
          had rather spend hours on a clip to do the job instead of one click of a
          button to do the same thing. Just google the email stripper and select
          the one from PaperCut. If any one need s to know more about the
          stripper lets go off topic.
          ed

        • Bill Salyers
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
            Thanks, Joe. That EmailStripper is slick. It is faster than my technique unless it needs other editing. Some
            Emails come through with =98 or =07 codes for quote marks and such. I use NotePro to search and replace those.
            I'll see what Stripper does to them the next time one comes through.

            Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
            billsalyers@...