Re: [NTB] Does anyone use Notetab for email or newsgroups?

  • felix
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
      On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:45:59 -0000
      "steveadausa" <johnsadams@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everybody,
      >
      > I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9
      >
      > Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
      > *by default* compose your messages in NTP?
      >
      > Thanks, Steve

      I don't gnow if you can do it in OE, but you can designate an external
      editor in Becky!2.

      felix
      http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hi Steve,

        > I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9
        >
        > Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
        >*by default* compose your messages in NTP?

        Assuming you have OE setup as your eMail client in Start |
        Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs | E-mail (or for
        IE)... you can make a very quick check by clicking on File |
        Send. That should use MAPI, a method of getting data from one
        place to your eMail client, to ship the focused document over to
        OE. For more options click on the SampleCode Library and a few
        Clips down click on the Send E-Mail Clip. If that does not work
        for you, sign up for the Clips list and we'll get you there using
        mailto: so long as OE is your default mail client. Please see my
        signature line to subscribe to the Clips List or go to:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA

        Happy Clip'n!

      • steveadausa
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
          Thanks, Jody. Will those methods enable me be in OE and hit
          "Create Mail" and "automatically" go to NTP?

          (p.s. my File/Send in NTP works)

          Thanks, Steve

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
            Hi Steve,

            I'm sorry; I read too fast and misunderstood you. You want to go
            from OE to NoteTab and I sent you the other way. <g> I don't know
            of a way, but you might ask on the Off Topic list. Somebody might
            know of some tweak over there. See the footers below.

            >Thanks, Jody. Will those methods enable me be in OE and hit
            >"Create Mail" and "automatically" go to NTP?
            >
            >(p.s. my File/Send in NTP works)
            >
            >Thanks, Steve
            >

            >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
            >> Hi Steve,
            >>
            >> > I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9
            >> >
            >> > Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
            >> >*by default* compose your messages in NTP?
            >>
            >> Assuming you have OE setup as your eMail client in Start |
            >> Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs | E-mail (or for
            >> IE)... you can make a very quick check by clicking on File |
            >> Send. That should use MAPI, a method of getting data from one
            >> place to your eMail client, to ship the focused document over to
            >> OE. For more options click on the SampleCode Library and a few
            >> Clips down click on the Send E-Mail Clip. If that does not work
            >> for you, sign up for the Clips list and we'll get you there using
            >> mailto: so long as OE is your default mail client. Please see my
            >> signature line to subscribe to the Clips List or go to:
            >> http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA
            >>
            >> Happy Clip'n!
            >> Jody
            >>
            >> www.clean-funnies.com, http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            >>
            >> Subscribe: mailto:ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Happy Topics,
            Jody

            The NoteTab Off-Topic List
            All Fookes Software mailing lists:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          • Bill Salyers
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
              I often use NoteTab Pro with Outlook Express in two ways. I compose, spell check, and then copy and paste into the
              message. I often use NTB to strip those leading '<' characters and New Line or Carriage Returns from E-mail I
              receive so I can edit and use it in other programs. I often do that when replying to E-mail so I can paste in a
              formatted copy of the original. By composing messages in NTB, which is always open, I avoid holding open an
              Outlook Express compose window and losing my work when IE or OE crashes.

              Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
              billsalyers@...
              <*)))))>< ><(((((*>
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                At the bottom of this message you will find how email stripper does the
                same thing with the press of one button then press another button to
                copy then you can paste into your mailer and edit if you like. However
                note that when someone uses | symbol for quoting as you did, they will
                not be stripped. If your mailer's composer has a habit of crashing, then
                I would suggest using a different mailer and one that has a good spell
                checker.
                At the end of the stripped message you will find the location for
                getting your free copy of mailstripper.
                Then again, maybe someone has a clip to do this in Notetab. :>)

                Joe

                Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:45 PM Subject: [NTB] Does anyone
                use Notetab for email or newsgroups?

                | Hi Everybody, | | I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9 |
                | Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can | *by
                default* compose your messages in NTP? | | Thanks, Steve

                Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with
                Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/NhFolB/TM

              • Ed Brown
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                  Yep, Joe, but it is so important to write clips that most on this list
                  had rather spend hours on a clip to do the job instead of one click of a
                  button to do the same thing. Just google the email stripper and select
                  the one from PaperCut. If any one need s to know more about the
                  stripper lets go off topic.
                  ed

                • Bill Salyers
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                    Thanks, Joe. That EmailStripper is slick. It is faster than my technique unless it needs other editing. Some
                    Emails come through with =98 or =07 codes for quote marks and such. I use NotePro to search and replace those.
                    I'll see what Stripper does to them the next time one comes through.

                    Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
                    billsalyers@...