Does anyone use Notetab for email or newsgroups?

  • steveadausa
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi Everybody,

      I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9

      Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
      *by default* compose your messages in NTP?

      Thanks, Steve
    • felix
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
        On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:45:59 -0000
        "steveadausa" <johnsadams@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everybody,
        >
        > I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9
        >
        > Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
        > *by default* compose your messages in NTP?
        >
        > Thanks, Steve

        I don't gnow if you can do it in OE, but you can designate an external
        editor in Becky!2.

        felix
        http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hi Steve,

          > I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9
          >
          > Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
          >*by default* compose your messages in NTP?

          Assuming you have OE setup as your eMail client in Start |
          Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs | E-mail (or for
          IE)... you can make a very quick check by clicking on File |
          Send. That should use MAPI, a method of getting data from one
          place to your eMail client, to ship the focused document over to
          OE. For more options click on the SampleCode Library and a few
          Clips down click on the Send E-Mail Clip. If that does not work
          for you, sign up for the Clips list and we'll get you there using
          mailto: so long as OE is your default mail client. Please see my
          signature line to subscribe to the Clips List or go to:
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA

          Happy Clip'n!

        • steveadausa
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
            Thanks, Jody. Will those methods enable me be in OE and hit
            "Create Mail" and "automatically" go to NTP?

            (p.s. my File/Send in NTP works)

            Thanks, Steve

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
              Hi Steve,

              I'm sorry; I read too fast and misunderstood you. You want to go
              from OE to NoteTab and I sent you the other way. <g> I don't know
              of a way, but you might ask on the Off Topic list. Somebody might
              know of some tweak over there. See the footers below.

              >Thanks, Jody. Will those methods enable me be in OE and hit
              >"Create Mail" and "automatically" go to NTP?
              >
              >(p.s. my File/Send in NTP works)
              >
              >Thanks, Steve
              >

              >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
              >> Hi Steve,
              >>
              >> > I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9
              >> >
              >> > Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can
              >> >*by default* compose your messages in NTP?
              >>
              >> Assuming you have OE setup as your eMail client in Start |
              >> Control Panel | Internet Options | Programs | E-mail (or for
              >> IE)... you can make a very quick check by clicking on File |
              >> Send. That should use MAPI, a method of getting data from one
              >> place to your eMail client, to ship the focused document over to
              >> OE. For more options click on the SampleCode Library and a few
              >> Clips down click on the Send E-Mail Clip. If that does not work
              >> for you, sign up for the Clips list and we'll get you there using
              >> mailto: so long as OE is your default mail client. Please see my
              >> signature line to subscribe to the Clips List or go to:
              >> http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA
              >>
              >> Happy Clip'n!
              >> Jody
              >>
              >> www.clean-funnies.com, http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
              >>
              >> Subscribe: mailto:ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List
              All Fookes Software mailing lists:
              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
            • Bill Salyers
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                I often use NoteTab Pro with Outlook Express in two ways. I compose, spell check, and then copy and paste into the
                message. I often use NTB to strip those leading '<' characters and New Line or Carriage Returns from E-mail I
                receive so I can edit and use it in other programs. I often do that when replying to E-mail so I can paste in a
                formatted copy of the original. By composing messages in NTB, which is always open, I avoid holding open an
                Outlook Express compose window and losing my work when IE or OE crashes.

                Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
                billsalyers@...
                <*)))))>< ><(((((*>
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                  At the bottom of this message you will find how email stripper does the
                  same thing with the press of one button then press another button to
                  copy then you can paste into your mailer and edit if you like. However
                  note that when someone uses | symbol for quoting as you did, they will
                  not be stripped. If your mailer's composer has a habit of crashing, then
                  I would suggest using a different mailer and one that has a good spell
                  checker.
                  At the end of the stripped message you will find the location for
                  getting your free copy of mailstripper.
                  Then again, maybe someone has a clip to do this in Notetab. :>)

                  Joe

                  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:45 PM Subject: [NTB] Does anyone
                  use Notetab for email or newsgroups?

                  | Hi Everybody, | | I use Outlook Express and have Notetab Pro 4.9 |
                  | Is there a way to set up Outlook Express where you can | *by
                  default* compose your messages in NTP? | | Thanks, Steve

                  Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with
                  Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/NhFolB/TM

                • Ed Brown
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                    Yep, Joe, but it is so important to write clips that most on this list
                    had rather spend hours on a clip to do the job instead of one click of a
                    button to do the same thing. Just google the email stripper and select
                    the one from PaperCut. If any one need s to know more about the
                    stripper lets go off topic.
                    ed

                  • Bill Salyers
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 2, 2004
                      Thanks, Joe. That EmailStripper is slick. It is faster than my technique unless it needs other editing. Some
                      Emails come through with =98 or =07 codes for quote marks and such. I use NotePro to search and replace those.
                      I'll see what Stripper does to them the next time one comes through.

                      Bill Salyers - 937-399-2279
                      billsalyers@...