Re: [NTB] Help on Regular Expressions

  • Kumaara Bhikkhu
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 3:51 AM
      At 10:20 PM 30-08-04, Don Daugherty wrote:
      >> How does one find all instances of
      >> * <P LANG="en-GB" STYLE="margin-bottom: 0in">
      >> * <P ALIGN=LEFT STYLE="margin-left: 1in; margin-bottom: 0in">
      >> * <P LANG="en-GB">
      >> IOW, the DOS command equivalent of <P*>
      >>

      >I can answer this specific question. If you have follow-up, let's move it
      >to the Clips group where RegExp is one of the major discussion items.

      Thank you, Don. I think you've solved the matter. But if I ever have a question on RegExp again, I know where to go to.

      >Search for "<p[^>]+>", which looks for "<", followed by one or more
      >characters that are Not ">", followed by ">".

      I think that should do the trick.

      Hugo, your answer didn't work, but I appreciate your kindness too.

      Don't know if anyone of you would believe this. In the third quarter of my meditation this morning (We have group meditation here 5.30-6.30am daily.) my mind somehow drifted to the matter and I suddenly realized that by indicating "/a" I've included ">". That was the mistake.

      Btw, does anyone know of a way to run a simple macro (just a few steps of Find and Replace) on NoteTab?

      peace

      Kumâra Bhikkhu

      Sâsanârakkha Buddhist Sanctuary: the monk factory
      <http://www.sasanarakkha.org>
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 9:37 AM
        Hi Kumaara,

        >Thank you, Don. I think you've solved the matter. But if I ever
        >have a question on RegExp again, I know where to go to.
        >
        >Btw, does anyone know of a way to run a simple macro (just a few
        >steps of Find and Replace) on NoteTab?

        Yes, over on the Clips list. <bg> I have a Replace Library that
        has a number of working examples to do Find/Replaces in many
        different ways. I'm sure you'll find the one you are looking for.
        You really need to sign up for the Clips list. Please see my
        signature line to subscribe to it or go to:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA

        Replace Library
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/replace.zip

        Happy Clip'n!