Re: [NTB] Help on Regular Expressions

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30 7:20 AM
      > I'm a new subscriber to this group. How a question on regular expressions,
      which the help file is not illustrative enough for me to figure out.

      > How does one find all instances of
      > * <P LANG="en-GB" STYLE="margin-bottom: 0in">
      > * <P ALIGN=LEFT STYLE="margin-left: 1in; margin-bottom: 0in">
      > * <P LANG="en-GB">
      > IOW, the DOS command equivalent of <P*>
      >
      > After cracking my head for a few times, I thought I've finally managed to
      figure it out in my latest attempt:
      > but, alas, it doesn't work! Instead, it finds the next occurrence of "<p"
      till the end of the file. I'm at my wits end with this.

      I can answer this specific question. If you have follow-up, let's move it
      to the Clips group where RegExp is one of the major discussion items.

      Search for "<p[^>]+>", which looks for "<", followed by one or more
      characters that are Not ">", followed by ">".
    • Kumaara Bhikkhu
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        At 10:20 PM 30-08-04, Don Daugherty wrote:
        >> How does one find all instances of
        >> * <P LANG="en-GB" STYLE="margin-bottom: 0in">
        >> * <P ALIGN=LEFT STYLE="margin-left: 1in; margin-bottom: 0in">
        >> * <P LANG="en-GB">
        >> IOW, the DOS command equivalent of <P*>
        >>

        >I can answer this specific question. If you have follow-up, let's move it
        >to the Clips group where RegExp is one of the major discussion items.

        Thank you, Don. I think you've solved the matter. But if I ever have a question on RegExp again, I know where to go to.

        >Search for "<p[^>]+>", which looks for "<", followed by one or more
        >characters that are Not ">", followed by ">".

        I think that should do the trick.

        Hugo, your answer didn't work, but I appreciate your kindness too.

        Don't know if anyone of you would believe this. In the third quarter of my meditation this morning (We have group meditation here 5.30-6.30am daily.) my mind somehow drifted to the matter and I suddenly realized that by indicating "/a" I've included ">". That was the mistake.

        Btw, does anyone know of a way to run a simple macro (just a few steps of Find and Replace) on NoteTab?

        peace

        Kumâra Bhikkhu

        Sâsanârakkha Buddhist Sanctuary: the monk factory
        <http://www.sasanarakkha.org>
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          Hi Kumaara,

          >Thank you, Don. I think you've solved the matter. But if I ever
          >have a question on RegExp again, I know where to go to.
          >
          >Btw, does anyone know of a way to run a simple macro (just a few
          >steps of Find and Replace) on NoteTab?

          Yes, over on the Clips list. <bg> I have a Replace Library that
          has a number of working examples to do Find/Replaces in many
          different ways. I'm sure you'll find the one you are looking for.
          You really need to sign up for the Clips list. Please see my
          signature line to subscribe to it or go to:
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm. TIA

          Replace Library
          http://www.notetab.net/zip/replace.zip

          Happy Clip'n!