Looking for underline key

  • Claire Boucher
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2004
      I want to underline certain words in my document and cannot find how
      to do this. I know that there is a place to do this in the editing
      or a keyboard key that can be used, but where is it.
      Thanks
      Claire
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2004
        Hi Claire,

        >I want to underline certain words in my document and cannot find how
        >to do this. I know that there is a place to do this in the editing
        >or a keyboard key that can be used, but where is it.

        NoteTab only does well to underline headings, not words in a line
        with other text which is more of a word processor feature. There
        is a Clip in the Utilities Library called Underline title. I have
        a modified one on my default Clipbar that does not prompt for an
        underline symbol. It automatically uses the one you see below
        which is Alt+0175: ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        Sort
        ¯¯¯¯
        To sort the list first simply select them all and go to
        Modify | Lines | Sort | Ascending

        I does not look good to underline a word or phrase in a
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        sentence. There's a large gap in the next line.

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
          > NoteTab only does well to underline headings,

          And more than that, only with fixed pitch fonts, and even then it's a bit of
          a kludge!

          Fundamentally, NoteTab is a plain text editor, and embellishments, such as
          underline, are NOT part of it's feature set.

          Greg
        • Nigel Hall
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2004
            Hello Claire,

            Do you mean that you want to underline words on the web page that you
            are creating?

            If so, the tags would be <u></u> and you would need to put the words,
            that you want to underline, in between these two tags.

            There is a shortcut to making HTML tags, on the HTML clip library.
            If you click on the button at the bottom of the screen, that
            has "HTML" on it, then you will get the HTML clip library, down the
            left hand side of the screen.
            Then if you scroll down that column, on the left hand side of the
            screen, to the red heading that
            says "Character Formatting", and at the bottom of that block it
            says "Underline". If you double click on the word "Undeline" it will
            put the tags in for you and your cursor will be in between the two
            tags, so that you can write straight in there. Of course, this might
            seem quite a long winded way of putting those underline tags in, but
            once you have the HTML clip library down the left hand side of the
            screen, it has lots of other useful shortcuts to writing your HTML
            tags.

            I hope that this helps, as I am not sure if this is what you meant
            that you wanted to do.

            Best wishes,
            Nigel

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Claire Boucher" <xstlion2003@l...>